Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elleyea

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:03 pm
Since all of us know and love Ska here, we also know and love skankin as well. Unfortunatly there are some, (such as myself), crying who are really bad at it. I wouldnt be surprised if there were 1 or 2 people who didnt know how to skank at all. So anyone got any favorite skankin moves they want to describe, or post pictures of you skankin.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:15 pm
uhh... i kinda combine two-stepping with skanking so i knock people out who stand to close behind me but theres no real form of skanking, its more of the way you feel the music, rudies dont care, as long as you have fun and dont kick the s**t outta people  

AnonymousJoe

Noriko_Mimura

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:34 pm
Damn, I dunno... It's kind of, like he said, feeling the music and such... When I first skanked, it just... felt... right. You develop your own style and such. Just... kick your feet out to the beat. For lack of a way better phrase....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:42 pm
You basically..hmm...well, yeah, get the feeling
of the beat in you, I guess, and just...er...transfer...the love?...in kicks and
moving your arms back and forth.
You'd want to keep your arms bent, and nod to the beat and such.

Gah, it's so much more easier to explain in person...

.I.pwn.your.ass.

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:49 am
It's something you have to experience. it's a skippy.... wonderful.... energetic..... thing! I'm really bad at it if I'm not in a pit. I was skanking on the dance floor once all by myself and it didn't feel right. does that make me a social skanker?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:43 pm
If you see it done and you can't get in down during the first show you go to, you'll never get it.

You have the groove or you don't.  

Hobbes

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:32 am
Hobbes
If you see it done and you can't get in down during the first show you go to, you'll never get it.

You have the groove or you don't.
i had it down at my first ska show (coast to coast roast 1) but then again me and my friends always skanked at recess to make kids stare at us  
Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games