Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
i want critiques for these arts..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leelince_33

Familiar Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:38 am
hello.. i want to hear some critiques about these arts sweatdrop ... and i want to know how can you make arts to have more smoother surface..?? sweatdrop 3nodding

User Image

User Image..

thanks... burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 am
That depends on which program you use really. Was it MS paint? Or Photoshop? Etc?

In photoshop try to save the images as a high quality jpegs to try to reduce blurriness. Low quality jpegs are hell on images. Not too sure about other programs, though...

Very colorful art though. smile But let me draw your attention towards anatomy...
i)In the upper picture, the girl's hands should be better defined. Show the bulge of muscle at the base of the thumb, make the fingertips broader, without tapering as much and not ending in sharp points.

ii)The lower picture, the head should be alittle bigger to match with the size of the body, the breasts much higher. Study cloth and how it folds, the bit at the shoulder looks alittle off.
All in all, good effort! I enjoyed the shading on the hair, and the eyes are definitely well done. smile  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Leelince_33

Familiar Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 am
Lea Florens
That depends on which program you use really. Was it MS paint? Or Photoshop? Etc?

In photoshop try to save the images as a high quality jpegs to try to reduce blurriness. Low quality jpegs are hell on images. Not too sure about other programs, though...

Very colorful art though. smile But let me draw your attention towards anatomy...
i)In the upper picture, the girl's hands should be better defined. Show the bulge of muscle at the base of the thumb, make the fingertips broader, without tapering as much and not ending in sharp points.

ii)The lower picture, the head should be alittle bigger to match with the size of the body, the breasts much higher. Study cloth and how it folds, the bit at the shoulder looks alittle off.
All in all, good effort! I enjoyed the shading on the hair, and the eyes are definitely well done. smile

thanks for the critique.. i'll definitely work on it... i sweatdrop

i actually use both ms paint and photoshop..i didn't know that saving can also affect the drawing... sweatdrop thanks.. mrgreen  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games