Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mochiccino

Biggest Cat

17,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:46 pm
- Today I found out that my World Of Warcraft account was hacked, I wasn't on yesterday due to being sick so...it must have happened then. I'm angry right now, and sad. Three years of hard work on that game gone, birthday presents from my boyfriend and many others are gone, my friends where removed off my friends list and some characters where deleted. My account was used for gold advertising so I was reported and may be ban hammered. What pisses me off the most is that they got into my email and my battle.net information! I feel violated and used...

I've done all I can on my part to get my account back, now I just have to wait for Blizzard to get off their a** and actually help me start recovering. I know its a game and I shouldn't be crying over it but its one of those things ya know? All my best buddies are there and always makes every day a fun one. Playing that game feeds my hunger for dangerous adventures, seeking out lands and even world from fantasy and discovering unreal but yet interesting beasts and races.

Just seeing my hard work, time, and effort going to wast. Seeing the look on my brothers face, telling him what happened broke my heart. I was helping my brother level 1-80, but it may not happen at all...

Whats worse is that I take very good care of my computer, and notebook, I never download anything iffy from anywhere. I feel like it was my fault that I slipped up...ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 pm
User Image

Awh, I'm sorry. Did anyone get personal info like ss number, and stuff if so you should contact the authorities, heck since they have your e-mail you can press charges.

They can trace people I'm not sure how it works, I saw it on T.V.
Just take the tower of your computer to the Police station tell them what happened and that you are afraid of someone getting your info and that you were hacked... And they will take it from there.

That's still a real bummer though, you might have been keylogged. Did you click on any pop-up's? Or did you have any viruses?

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Jenitorturer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 pm
Something similar happened to me a few years ago.

I was accused of using third party programs in a game and I got permanently banned, even though I didn't have any third party programs and I've never hacked in my life. I lost everything I ever spent and worked for and the admins were useless :/

I quit playing mmos and i stopped paying for these types of things online because i know how easy it is to become a hacking victim.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 pm
Know what also sucks ladies.
Mochi just PMed me from a mule, and her gaia account got hacked as well. We're pretty sure it's the same person who hacked her WOW.
Poor Mochi, I hope the mods can help take care of this for her.

yukisuzu9

Sparkly Elder

13,075 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:17 pm
yukisuzu9
Know what also sucks ladies.
Mochi just PMed me from a mule, and her gaia account got hacked as well. We're pretty sure it's the same person who hacked her WOW.
Poor Mochi, I hope the mods can help take care of this for her.

Someone higher than the mods here should be contacted. Since it's about her email also now, it is a major problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:27 pm
User Image

Again, she should take her computer to the Police station and tell them what is going on.
This hacker can have her personal information.

She needs to press charges.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

MoyaIsSoCoolLike

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:31 pm
aww i'm so sorry to hear that D:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:24 am
Oh, sweetie. I know just how you feel.

My first Gaia account got hacked after four years.
It was the saddest day of my life.
And I never got anything back.

But my brother got hacked on WoW a while back and they recovered everything.
He says not to worry and just give it time.

Hope everything works out. <3

<3 -primaczarina-

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200