Reply Novels/Novellas
Prolouge to Shattered Soul

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:15 pm
This is the prolouge to my next little writing attempt, a tale known as Shattered Soul. And this is how it begins...

Excerpt from The Undying Journal, entry #23:

Life leads to death, yet from death springs life. The cycle of reincarnation continues undisturbed, and no one can escape the cycle...not even me.

I sacrificed myself to save True Earth from 1000 years of demonic oppression...I thought that not even the 13 Gods who ruled over magic could bring me back to life.

I was wrong.

At the request of his most powerful servants, The Creator, the God who rules over all, gave me life once more. Earth was enjoying a time of peace that only I could grant it...but unseen enemies lurked in the shadows, seeking to undo my great works.

I found that Earth's new history did not include either me, or the villian I had destroyed, Krious. History said I died in a tragic car crash, and that Krious never came to True Earth. Other then that, Earth's history progressed as if the Hellspawn Empire never ruled over all of humanity.

And yet, a few powerful warriors remembered me, the greatest of them being the one who called himself "Fish", the leader of an organization called "The PAU".

The PAU is an organization dedicated to protecting mortal humanity from what they have no chance to understand: Vampires, Werewolves, Fey, Aliens, you name it, The PAU has probably dealt with it.

Fish remembered me from our shared "Alternate History" as he calls it. Because of this, he promoted me immediately to the highest rank among the members of The PAU: Elite. Currently, the only ones who are higher then me in the organization are Fish himself and Wayne, Fish's second-in-command. Many of my fellow Elites resent both Fish and myself for his decision, but I have done nothing but accomplish my given orders as they are given.

While the various worlds are peaceful at the moment, I feel a sense of dread. The enemies I have faced so far are little better then Earth street gangs, despite their mythical advantage. Yet I feel that a stronger enemy lurks in the shadows, waiting to strike at the very soul of our operation...waiting to shatter all of us.

-The Undying's Journal, entry #23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:32 pm
Terminology notes:

The 13 Gods: These gods rule over all aspects of magic. Said aspects include: Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light, Darkness, Time, Space, Mental, Spirit, Nature, Ice, and Electric.

The Creator: The God who created the Universe and all within. He created each world with a plan in mind, but left the sentient beings on those worlds to accomplish it. To date, no world has accomplished their goal.

True Earth: Basically, the world you and I stand upon. The goal of True Earth was to create a world where humans could learn how to command mighty magic in peace. Unfortunately, humanity did not know of this goal, so those who practiced magic were actively hunted. Now, in the year 2008, True Earth is under near constant attack by other worlds, by races believed only to exist in myth.

The PAU: An organization that wishes to defend humanity from the beings that wish humanity destroyed. They are the tireless, thankless guardians of our world. The organization is lead by "Fish", a warrior blessed by the God of Water.

Elite: The PAU seperates their members into five ranks: Grunt, Sergeant, Captain, General, and Elite. Elites have command over all forces beneath them, and this usually leads to egotistical Elites.  

Rachetgirl11

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:01 pm
This is a wonderful prolouge, RachetGirl11! I can't wait to be able to read more!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:46 pm
Rachetgirl11
Terminology notes:

The 13 Gods: These gods rule over all aspects of magic. Said aspects include: Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light, Darkness, Time, Space, Mental, Spirit, Nature, Ice, and Electric.

The Creator: The God who created the Universe and all within. He created each world with a plan in mind, but left the sentient beings on those worlds to accomplish it. To date, no world has accomplished their goal.

True Earth: Basically, the world you and I stand upon. The goal of True Earth was to create a world where humans could learn how to command mighty magic in peace. Unfortunately, humanity did not know of this goal, so those who practiced magic were actively hunted. Now, in the year 2008, True Earth is under near constant attack by other worlds, by races believed only to exist in myth.

The PAU: An organization that wishes to defend humanity from the beings that wish humanity destroyed. They are the tireless, thankless guardians of our world. The organization is lead by "Angelo", a powerful being shrouded in mystery.

Elite: The PAU seperates their members into five ranks: Grunt, Sergeant, Captain, General, and Elite. Elites have command over all forces beneath them, and this usually leads to egotistical Elites.

I made a quick change in the leadership of The PAU. Did you catch the change? It's subtle, I know.  

Rachetgirl11

Joonbong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 am
This is really good. I especially like how one of the characters is named 'Fish'. Please keep writing so that we can read more.  
Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games