Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Is it supposed to start fast, then slow down?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 am
I have a question. Two weeks before the end of July, I decided to change my diet and lifestyle. At the time, I wore a 24W/3X clothes. Now, on the second day of August, I'm almost ready to fit into a size 1X.

I'm power walking once a day and eatting right, and I swear I'm not on a crash diet. Is loosing weight this fast supposed to happen? Or do I just have a fast matabolism?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:58 am
Any time I watch a weight loss show like the Biggest Loser or something, the bigger people do seem to lose more weight faster than the smaller people. But as time goes on they seem to slow down. I'm guessing you're experiencing something similar if you're eating the correct number of calories and exercising. At some point things may slow down but it is important to keep working at it. And congrats on getting to a smaller size! ^_^  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:37 am
well yeah. its easier to lose weight at first because your body isnt used to it but as your body adjusts it will become a lot harder to lose weight...then your weight will start to plateau and it will be frustrating and then you can start the fight against the plateaus to reach your goal.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:45 am
I think it's supposed to be like that, where the heavier you are, the easier it is to drop the weight. Something about the weight simply being nothing but fat, but when you start to get thinner it becomes more fat/muscle that you've got to sculpt and drop slowly. That or it's your metabolism not used to the newness, so it drops the pounds fast and then eventually gets used to what you're doing, so it takes a bit more work.  

out of the woods

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:55 pm
First of all, congratulations. :3

Yes, in my experience, as with everyone I've spoken too, people tend to loose a fair amount of weight when they first change their diet/start excercising.

When it does start to slow down, and, it's different for everyone, it's important not to be disheartened. If you're excercising and eating right you will still be losing weight, albeit at a slower rate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 pm
Ahah, what they said.

Also, the number of calories that your body needs to function properly drops as you become smaller (though there's also the effect of muscles burning more, but that's beside the point). So if you drop weight exponentially but maintain the same calories (food net exercise) then you'd plateau.  

Sunsway

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games