Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Is it just me, or does Celes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arcosi Knight

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:20 pm
Sometimes seem to be more of a main character than Terra sometimes in 6. Sure, Terra has those esper powers, but Celes has several times when she seem to come closer to the classic archetype FF lead character in several ways?

She's more pessimistic than Terra. Cloud, Squall, Lightning. The more emo lead characters. Heck, she beats even Squall's level of emo sometimes, like the scene where if you fail to save Cid, she attempts suicide. On the other side of the spectrum, Terra isn't as optimistic as, say Zidane or Vaan.

Speaking of which, in a world where Terra is the main character, shouldn't you logically start out as her rather than Celes.

And about love, the archetype lead pretty much has a love intrest, Tifa for Cloud, Rinoa for Squall, ect. Sure, there are those Mobliz children, but Terra mostly spends the game trying to figure out if she can even love, while its pretty clear, especially when the scene with the seagull and the bandana comes around, that she's in love with Locke.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:07 pm
This is one thing I've always loved about FFVI. EVERYONE has storyline capable enough to be a main protagonist. And the fact that Kefka is such a vivid and deranged antagonist to be able to handle all of them while still holding a spotlight that hasn't been overcast by any of the character's shadows(Like sephi fell in cloud's shadow in FFVII).

Celes, Locke, Edgar, and Terra all have main protagonist features, Terra's and Celes' being the most prominent. But let's just talk about them for the moment.

I'd like to state that I agree with that Celes should be considered to be the main protagonist rather than Terra this being because Celes is the character that holds both of the most memorable moments of FFVI. The Opera scene, which no other moment in the game really matches as far as how well known it is, and the suicide scene. (Which I don't think is emo at all, simply realistic... wouldn't you wanna end it if you thought you'd let the whole world die?) Even her entrance into the game seemed more grand than Terra's it just wouldn't have made sense starting the story there.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Doomsday Horror

6,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:04 am
Gotta say VI has always been an ensemble cast in my eyes. Yes a few characters take on more of a lead role but everyone is well developed and ends up being very endearing to the player. You reminded me how much I still ache to play a VI DS update like IV got. OOoooooooooooooo, I want so badly!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Doomsday Horror
Gotta say VI has always been an ensemble cast in my eyes. Yes a few characters take on more of a lead role but everyone is well developed and ends up being very endearing to the player. You reminded me how much I still ache to play a VI DS update like IV got. OOoooooooooooooo, I want so badly!!!!

I've been wishing for an up to date remake of VI since IX came out. I feel like it would show everyone why it's considered by many to be the best game ever made.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items