Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Question about weighing-in

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When do you weigh yourself?
  Daily
  Weekly
  Bi-monthly
  Monthly
  Either Annually or Bi-annually
  Never! I like to measure how many inches I lose!
View Results

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:21 pm
When is the best time of the day to weigh yourself and have it be accurate? I don't like to weigh myself right when I wake because I'm usually hungry and lighter than usual, or right after I eat because I'm full of food and heavier than normal. I know a persons weight fluctuates throughout the day.......The time I always weighed myself in the past was somewhere in the middle of the day, a couple hours after I ate. This way, my body had a chance to digest food.

Is that accurate?

Your opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:26 pm
i usually wake up, use the restroom, strip to undies and get on the scale.i used to weigh daily but i got discouraged too easily.so i do it weekly and i measure inches on weigh in days also.  

BitterFantasy

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:45 pm
I do it about Bi-Weekly. Just after waking up and before showering. Sundays and Thursdays usually.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:35 pm
The most important thing about weighing in is to be consistent about it. So if you always weigh first thing in the morning, keep that up or if you always weigh after lunch or something, continue on with that.

Personally, I like to weigh-in first thing in the morning in nothing but my undies. If I weigh myself later in the day, I always feel like it's not accurate and that I'm also weighing whatever I've eaten that day. This may be TMI, but I would also delay my weekly weigh-ins if I had been feeling bloated or constipated lately to give my body a chance to sort itself out and get (what I felt was) a more accurate weight.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:38 am
Munkers
The most important thing about weighing in is to be consistent about it. So if you always weigh first thing in the morning, keep that up or if you always weigh after lunch or something, continue on with that.

That makes sense. I guess it doesn't really matter when I weigh myself, as long as it's the same time every week. I just have to keep it consistent.

Thanks everybody, for the replies.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games