Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Hannah's Journal Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am
Welcome to my weight-loss journal. I will try to write as much as possible about my experiences trying to lose weight.

Before you support me, below are my stats:

1. Username: Hannah Yeager
  2. Weight: Last I checked, over 200 Pounds.
  3. Goal: 40 Inches around the hips. Started at 57 Inches around the hips.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:20 am
Pre-First Entry

I've had enough. I'm sick of this fat body while going onto Imortal Geisha and seeing everyone else healthier than me. I look fat in my Yukata, I don't have enough iron in my blood to donate. I'm sick of it...

But I don't want to rush into a "fad' diet. So I was advised to just add more fruits and veggies into my diet, switch from Diet Soda to water. I walk at a casual pace now, but the my local community college's pool, where I'm a student, won't open until Sept.

So for now, it's walking and adding the good stuff and drinking water. I started that, and soon afterwards, I began to puke. Did that for two weeks, and then stopped. I didn't notice any results, but when my case worker came over to visit me, she noticed I had lost some weight. Not in the hips just yet, but it's a good start...  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:26 am
Recorded Day 1

Don't own a scale, should probably buy one from Wal-Mart soon. It's a short distance to walk, so no biggie. Will wait until my monthly check comes to buy one.

Measured my hips today. I took off 1/2 Inch off. Not bad after eatting good foods and walking. I hope that when the pool opens, I can go swimming at least once a week. Maybe on Friday.

Because of my disability, I still take my medications. I also take a Woman's Multi-Vitamin. I try not to snack, filling my tummy by drinking water. I just switched from Diet Soda to water yesterday, so I should be doing better.

I called my mom about my decision to lose weight, she supports my decision. Even with my mom helping me, it would be nice to have the support of my peers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 pm
What disability do you have? It's great that you are drinking lots of water and eating more fruits and veggies, but also, if you have a health issue, you should consult a doctor for a proper nutritional diet that won't make you more sick.

Other than that, keep up the great work! heart  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:47 pm
Asperger Syndrome.

Meal Today...

I wasn't in the mood to cook, so I finished the remaining Smartfood popcorn, a branch of grapes, and a small handful of carrots. Washed them all down with water. Unhealthy, probably. I have to wait for a couple of more days until I can buy breakfast foods and milk. Hopefully when my check comes on the third, I can also buy a water purifier as well. My tap water in the kitchen tastes nasty.

Storming outside, so I can't walk. Spent most of the afternoon napping. Waiting for the pool to open in Sept. I've started a little by taking the stairs more than the elevator. I won't stop using the elevator, but I think the stairs would be fine for now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 am
Recorded Day 2

I noticed something last night that made me feel really good about this change. The shirts that I wear that use to strain around my belly and hips do less of that. There's still a bit of pudge on my belly and hips, but it's not so big that I can push them forwards in a large lump.

I just woke up, and I'm really thirsty. I need to go check if the water bottle in the fridge is cold. Haven't eatten yet, but I normally have lunch around noon. Might go to Wal-Mart for a bit. Maybe I should also start brisk walking to Wal-Mart.  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:38 am
Lunch today...

Brisked walked to and from Wal-Mart. I swear I could feel my hips move as I picked up the pace. Bought a package of Sharp Cheddar Cheese slices while at Wal-Mart. I love cheese and milk - I generally like 2% Milk, but I may have to sacrifice 2% for skim. There's always Soy Milk...

Lunch was fairly simple: one package of chicken ramen, one slice of cheese, and handful of carrots, and a small bunch of grapes. Washed it down with water, which was thankfully cold.

My legs hurt due to the walking. I might lie down until dinner for them to recover.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 pm
Soy milk is a great substitution to milk especially if you will get your calcium and dairy from cheese. If you decide to go that route, make sure to buy the unsweetened kind. This way, there won't be much sugar and it'll be mostly natural.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 pm
Thanks for the adivice [Beautiful Oblivion]. 3nodding

Had dinner tonight after a long nap. I don't know why I'm sleeping so much, but it generally happens after taking the steps and walking.

I finally found out the cup size of my plastic cups when I put veggies and fruits in the them: 9oz

As for food, pretty much the same as lunch. Except I added more carrots into dinner than in lunch. I had a small cluster of grapes that fit into the 9oz cup, a slice of the cheddar cheese, some cooked ramen noodles, and water.

Lunch wasn't exciting either, but Wal-Mart didn't have any sandwiches I liked either. I'll have to wait until monday to buy some sandwiches; if not, I'll have to wait until the third.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:10 pm
Almond milk is another option and the wal-mart near my house carries it so yours might, too. Who doesn't love almonds?! :D  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 am
Stars in my Pocket
Almond milk is another option and the wal-mart near my house carries it so yours might, too. Who doesn't love almonds?! :D

YES! The soy milk I had was unsweetened almond milk. Yum!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:16 am
I third that -- soy milk is a good way to go! It also comes fortified with calcium if you like. Mmm.

If you're struggling with the vegetables, it might help to eat some before your main meal when you're still hungry. And I should probably take my own advice. <_<

Best of luck!  

Sunsway

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:34 am
Recorded Day 3

Lunch was the same as yesterday, one package of Ramen, a 9oz cup of carrots, a small cluster of grapes, and a slice of cheese. I'll have to wait until Monday to buy the other stuff, but hopefully the weekend will go quickly.

Did a little bit of excercise, walking up and down the steps to get the mail instead of taking the elevator. I was breathing a little hard after that, but I could feel the burn.

I noticed something last night as I was getting ready for bed, my thighs and hips almost meet in a straight line. When I wasn't taking care of myself, my hips bloated over my thighs.

Maybe I should go and measure my hips tonight. I doubt I've lost more than another 1/2 Inch, but slowly getting there seems to work.

P.S. - I caluclated that if I lose 1/2 Inch every week, I should be down to 50 Inches in the hips by the time I go with my anime club to Anime USA in Nov. I hope to lose at least that much by that time...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 am
OMGSQUEEGENERALJOYYAY!

Sorry for the n00b talk, but I just measured my hips a few seconds ago. I have officially lost an inch on my hip!

Where I was at 57 Inches, I am now down to 56 Inches! I can't believe it! I thought it would take a whole week just to drop half an inch.

I think I'll celebrate by listening to some music and dancing around. I'm so happy! whee whee whee  

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:15 pm
I had dinner early tonight. Finished it around 4:05 PM EST. I did something different - instead of just having a branch full of grapes, I filled the 9oz cup with grapes. Still did the same routine with the carrots, cheese, and ramen.

Talked to my mom today, she's glad I lost an inch and fully supports me having a 40 inch waist. She's also encouraging me to aim lower than 40 Inches after I reach my goal. Sometime later this week, she's coming over to sort out my old clothes.

I should see wait and see until the bluge decides to shrink even more...  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff