Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
So I'm going to a potluck Saturday...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ikeywii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:56 pm
And I need something to wow the nonvegan crowd.
Preferably something cheap and simple too.
Any recipes that you'd recommend?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:41 pm
Why don't you just cook a Vegan meal anyways? Odds are, they'll like how it tastes, and you will get to eat while you are there.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

ikeywii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:48 pm
[Beautiful Oblivion]
Why don't you just cook a Vegan meal anyways? Odds are, they'll like how it tastes, and you will get to eat while you are there.

I want a vegan recipe.
Did I forget to mention that? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:48 pm
ikeywii
[Beautiful Oblivion]

I want a vegan recipe.
Did I forget to mention that? sweatdrop

Oh, I'm sorry, Yes you mentioned that. I thought you wanted a nonvegan recipe for the nonvegan crowd.
But anyways, I don't know any recipes. BUT on YouTube, you can find recipes from: everydaydish (they are completely vegan and vegetarian). They have a website where you can find details of the recipes. I really like them.

I went to a restaurant recently and tried their chycken. It was FANTASTIC! It was made with soy and gluten (wheat protien) and the way it was seasoned was sooooo good. Or you can do something revolved around Falafel and Tahini sauce. I personally love falafel.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 pm
Vegan cookies and cake! You make treats, delectable treats that make their mouths water. They'd never know it's vegan, till you tell them...after they've had their 50th cookie!

It's great. Kill them with goodness. And don't bring a salad, it's expected. "Cuz, all we eat is rabbit food".  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:11 am
Vegweb.com has oodles of recipes for all sorts of different occasions. I've found some yummy goodies to bring to cookouts on there before. Perhaps they have something that would work for you?

I second the idea of bringing something that will surprise them. 3nodding  

Banvivrie

Familiar Poster

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:12 pm
How about something that is traditionally vegetarian/vegan like an Indian curry or something with chickpeas and mouthwatering spices maybe a creamy curry with coconut milk.
Ok now I'm hungry and craving Indian food. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 am
BBQ tofu sandwiches are really good! Even my dad (who is pretty much a strict omnivore) tried it. Just make sure you use extra firm tofu and freeze and squish it really well. It's also great if you have some left over, I chop it up and put it in stir fry.  

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items