Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
Art student willing to teach.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snog Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:44 pm
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the guild, but I'd like to take full advantage of what it has to offer. That means I will be accepting mentees as well as critiquing individual work. I can help with traditional artists as well as digital, however I am most focused on digital processes at the moment.

About me:
I'm an eighteen (soon to be nineteen) year old that is going into my second year of college in order to become an Illustrator. I have been creating art since the age of thirteen and it has never left my life since. I am interested in manga styled artwork as well as painterly realistic.

I am by no means the perfect artist. I have my strengths and my weaknesses. I realize some people may not be interested in my help because of these weaknesses, but I'm a firm believer in the fact that everyone has something to bring to the table. So let me feed you as much as I can?

Deviant art
Click.

Strengths:
•Composition
•Color
•Manga style
•Acrylic Paint

Weaknesses:
•Anatomy in dynamic poses
•Lighting

Want to become a mentee?

Please be aware that I am one person and that I'm also working a job and going to school. Sometimes it may be difficult for me to answer you, but I will try my absolute best.

I require my mentees to take lessons seriously and to complete them within a certain period of time. I will not wait two months for a simple exercise. If I'm putting work into helping, I will appreciate some help as well.

I am currently accepting ALL levels of artists. I will create lessons based on skill level. All mentors may ask to be taught privately by PM otherwise I will post all information in the thread. If you're interested, just complete this simple form.

Form:

[b][color=#003366]
Username:
Best Medium:
Gallery:
Education:
Areas for improvement:
Why you want me to mentor you:[/color][/b]

I am currently accepting up to three mentees. Below are the chosen few:
• hisoka-kaminalover12
• iKusk Muubi

If you don't necessarily require mentoring, I am also available for in depth critique. My critiques will be based on my opinions and experience. I may say things that you disagree with, but just know that I am saying it with good intentions. I will NEVER tell someone they are a horrible artist or say a piece was a complete waste of time. So if you're interested, just fill out this simple form!

Critique Form:

[b][color=#660000]Username:
Piece for critique:
Medium:
What you like about the piece:
What you don't like about it:
[/b][/color]

I think that's all the information I have for now. Thank you for checking out the thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:45 pm
Individual lesson plans for mentees.  

Snog Me

Snog Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:46 pm
Student gallery. This is where we'll show how far we've progressed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 pm
Reserved for anything else I may need.

Open for applicants.  

Snog Me

Kusk Yutaka

12,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:36 am

Username:ikusk muubi
Best Medium: Pencil and paper, CG with tablet.
Gallery:HERE
Education: Just art classes when I was at jr. high
Areas for improvement: Anatomy the most, but I need to improve everything
Why you want me to mentor you: I really have always wanted to learn how to draw but I never had the time to or had the opportunities. I'd work hard to improve to the best of my ability.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:34 pm
Accepted! Welcome aboard. :]  

Snog Me

EmmaLee2794

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:46 pm
Username: EmmaLee2794
Best Medium: Pencils
Gallery: Here :3
Education: None. Self Taught.
Areas for improvement: Anatomy.
Why you want me to mentor you: I want to expand into painting, and sketch better.  
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games