Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:25 am
So I'm sure most of you know about this...
How anything sexual can turn a boy into a hero and a girl into a
'slut'. I want to know your opinion. Do you find this fair? Ever
experienced this?

Discuss It.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 am
I absolutely hate how people do that. D:<
That's why I call "hero boys" manwhores.  

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 am
♭♮♯
If you're going to dream, dream big.
I think that this is another sexist double standard that is unfortunately definitely prominent in society.

When a guy is in a sexual situation, if he comes out of it "scoring," or at least saying he did, he's suddenly socially acceptable.
Meanwhile, girls cannot admit to their sexual activities to anyone, sometimes not even their closest friends, because like you said, if it leaks they become the official school slut.

I think the biggest problem for the girls is that if word gets out that Joey scored with Jane, there's most likely a jealous Mary who also "scored" with Joey, but doesn't want someone as "low-class" as Jane to be with "her" Joey. So, then it becomes sneers and "cough cough slut cough."
♩♪♫♬
♯♮♭

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:09 am
That is so true. Some guys will even lie about their
sexual activities just to get a good status. I find it really sad,
especially the fact that majority of guys are the same. To find
a guy who isn't in a relationship or going to parties to 'score' is
some what impossible nowadays. It's disgusting how guys have
lost all respect for girls. Calling it 'scoring'... Since when did love
become a game? D:

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

Cazzie Chikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:14 pm
THIS. ^^^^^
Exactly how I feel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 pm
I'm stuck here, drowning forever...

i think it's stupid. Besides, I hate when guys "score" with a girl that they know they're never going to see again. Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that sex should be a sign that you love that person you were with, and you might think they're the one.

Will you pull me up, or let me sink?

Arashi Erina

Ruthless Hunter

17,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:23 pm
It's so unfair.

Okay, let's say Bob was going out with Sue. Bob then cheats on Sue and does something with Mary. He goes to his guy friends and suddenly they are all "SCORE!!!"

Now, let's switch it around. Sue was going out with Bob, and then she did something with Bobby. She goes to her friends and they are like "YOU ARE SUCH A SLUT!!!"

It's very sad. It's unfair. It makes girls seem second-class, far inferior to guys, and it also is just... I don't even have words to describe it, so I'll make up a word. Stupidandidioticandmuchmorthatitissodepressingandsexistliketheyaresexistpigsandguysdeservetobeinferiortowomenforonce.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:23 pm
o0Roxy0o
Calling it 'scoring'... Since when did love
become a game? D:

THANK YOU wahmbulance
... and everyone else above.

The Maharani

Snow Flower Epiphany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:32 pm
A guy groped me and got high fives from his buddies.
No one looked down on me for it, but it's somewhat similar.
I hate it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 pm
Sex has NOTHING to do with love.
Sex is just something two people do because it feels good.
You can relate it to being in love.. but it all comes down to how good it feels.

Girls around here seem to brag about sexual partners just as much as boys do.. maybe it's just the cool thing to do?
Personally though.. as long as it's done safely I have no problem with people sleeping with random people.

There's enough guys out there that don't just want sex.. you just have to search for them.. but they are out there.

Truth is though.. men get called sluts too.. once you get out of high school or even still in high school a lot of guys will get called sluts even by their buddies.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 am
I think the meaning of sex just depends on people. Like Money, or Cars, or Religion.
It's all point of view.
And a lot of it is warped. Or at least, to me.
Like virginity, some people worship it, others just throw it away. I did, I don't really regret it either. But now that I have met my current boyfriend, I have. He's one of the people who care about sex. He was 19 years old and still a virgin, yeah, him and his buddies joke about sex, but he's not a manwhore. He said he's been waiting for the right person to have sex with, and all that stuff. He made me wish I hadn't given mine away so easily, so I'd have something to give him back, you know?
But it's all perspective.
Too many people use sex as a game, and it makes me sad.
I wish people were more careful with it, but I guess that's like wishing for world peace?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:52 am
People don't take love seriously anymore... like Roxy said, it's just a game to some people. It's all about who's with who, what they did, or what they said to each other... People don't care about real love, the kind that waits. When you find that, consider yourself lucky, and hold on to it as long as you can.

The BLAM Guild Mule

3,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

LibraryFairy11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:37 pm
i hang out with a bunch of guys so i hear all there wonderful braging. But they for some reason love me like a a baby sister and they care about what i think about them. So they try not to cheer for it... This one girl had sexs with her boyfriends best freind and we didnt say anything bad but we all thought it. cause shes always saying things like true love waits and all that.

Me im a virgin and i got one of the greatest guys. He believes in waiting till were older and married. he believes if we realy love each other we can wait forever as long as were together. ill admit he jokes about sex and has told me some things he would love to do to me, but he wont do anything more then kissing me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 pm
Eh. I guess it doesnt really bother me that much. If a girl is sexing every guy she sees doesn't that really make her a slut? If a girl is cheating on her boy she's really kinda got it coming for her. Likewise remember though that if it gets around that Bobby just sleeps and runs, the girls are gonna spread it and Bobby's not gonna get that cutie in the library with the glasses. No, he'll get fake-boob over there.  

Azusanga

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:56 pm
I think it's terrible that sex has become something to show your popularity, when once it meant true love. I don't by far believe that sex needs to wait until marriage. I jsut believe that it should be with someone that you love and care about deeply.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff