Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Flatter stomach

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CreamyBagel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 am
If I just did crunches.. lets say every day. How long do you think it would take to get a flatter stomach? I am not at a bad weight myself I am 5'3''-5'4'' and weight around 110-111 lbs. I just want to have a flat stomach, but as of late I cant find much time to exercise so I was wondering how long it would take with crunches? Or is there a better way of doing it?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:50 am
It depends on your body type. Some ladies have a bulge on their lower stomach that is actually just their uterus leaning to the front like is biologically normal.

If your stomach has more extra padding than you'd like, and you don't have it anywhere else, crunches and planks might work very well. But you could also try hula hooping, which targets the waist in general. You'd want to find a fitness hoop for that, which is heavy and big.

It depends on what you're looking for. Spot toning doesn't really work, so if you do a bunch of crunches, you might end up with muscles underneath your layer of cushyness, and those muscles would work well to use a bit more energy and give you some definition, but the actual cushyness might not go away, just look different.  

Tandahda
Crew

Milo-Bveyele

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 am
crunches alone are not going to give you a flatter stomach, they only target one set of muscles, you should come up with a 15 minute routine of different ab focused exercises to do daily, twice a day if possible. you'll need to make sure you target your obliques (the side muscles) the lower and upper abs to get the best results.
I would say a good mix of moves would be torso twists for the obliques, crunches for the upper abs and reverse crunches for the lower abs.
you could also just dance but focus on types of dance that have a lot of hip work, it may sound weird but your ab muscles will be doing most of the work, look up belly dancing videos, or just put on music and circle your hips to beat, first one way for the duration of a song, roughly one minute depending on how fast of a song it is, and then the other way for the duration of another song.

Hope this is helpful  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:10 pm
I don't think spot training will work alone. If you want to lose fat, then cardiovascular exercises will do the trick. You have to get your heart rate going, then keep it up there for a certain amount of time.

Everyone is different though, so you could try different things.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Ligand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 am
Try 15-20 minutes of jump rope per day. That and weighted sit ups.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:34 pm
8 minute abs on youtube, look it up and do it daily.

See my before/afters in my journal. I noticed very good results in 2 weeks, that was the only exercise I did.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

XxPuRpLe_CaRrOtzXx

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 pm
I would say if you want crunches to be a little more challenging and you want immediate results I would do crunches 30 min. a day  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 pm
XDreams_Dont_Come_TrueX
I would say if you want crunches to be a little more challenging and you want immediate results I would do crunches 30 min. a day

30 minutes of crunches a day, is nearly impossible, and not at all realistic.

If you want a flatter stomach, increase fiber intake (gradually or you'll bloat), drink water and no carbonated beverages, and swap simple carbs like white bread and potatoes for complex carbohydrates. Then work on your core muscles (youtube: 8 minute abs) and do aerobic exercise to rid excess body fat. 3nodding

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games