motivation
  writer's block
  research
  time
  other (be sure to tell)
View Results

Arlingtonn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:04 pm
When it comes to writing, whats the hardest part for you? (Besides the whole process of finally getting it published?)

For example:
writers block
motivation
etc.

I personally suffer from a combined writer's block and research. In fact, I think if I did a little research I would be totally inspired, go figure.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:07 pm
Writers block all the way. I have an idea, but then I can't take it past the first chapter. Middles kill me. I'm okay with research, but sometimes lose focus and stray off-topic. I'm fairly motivated, I just sometimes lack the time.  

EstoPerpetua

Arlingtonn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:13 pm
kapow123
Writers block all the way. I have an idea, but then I can't take it past the first chapter. Middles kill me. I'm okay with research, but sometimes lose focus and stray off-topic. I'm fairly motivated, I just sometimes lack the time.

Writers block for me comes in the very beginning. Its the introduction to your entire book, so it needs to draw the reader in and I always want it to be something especially grand. Its really problematic cause then I can't start writing even if I know the rest of the story!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:14 pm
I don't really have a problem starting or ending. In fact although I write my endings first, its the prologue that comes with the most ease.  

EstoPerpetua

Joonbong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:58 pm
I've got to say... motivation and attention span. I don't know why, but I lose my attention on almost anything... and move on to something else, in about... 15 minutes. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 pm
JunichiJay
I've got to say... motivation and attention span. I don't know why, but I lose my attention on almost anything... and move on to something else, in about... 15 minutes. sweatdrop

You know, I have gone through too many phases like that. Especially cause my book takes place in the late 1800's, and everything around me screams modern day. I can actually only type for about 15 minutes at a time, before I start to think about other things.

@Kapow123: You write the endings first? XD. I mean, I always have a general idea for my ending, but there's too much to be figured out during the story that influences the ending for me to actually write it.

As for the prologue... I don't write them to put in the actual story- I just don't do things that way- but I write them just for fun sometimes. smile

Arlingtonn

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:27 pm
Writer's block. I put together the skeletal outline, flesh out the characters, breathe words from my mind into the pen and then quit writing after chapter three because I can't figure out how to make the joints, tendons and muscles hold the story together. It sucks. I have a thousand ideas, but can't raise a single one to life. crying Worst is when I quit because I'm so fed up with editing what little I have that I don't care if the story ever finishes, so long as I don't ever have to look at it again. I've been working on that though, but it's hard to break the perfectionism habit. Especially when the story falls prey to my impatience anyway. Sigh...  
Writing Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games