Yes!
  No.
  Maybe later....
  I don't think so.
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:18 pm
I'm trying to make the guild better, and, possibly, more active. I'd rather not just randomly accept members; I'd like people who will be active and add to the discussion. Anyone know people who would enjoy being in this guild? I'm also thinking of making a sub forum or two, but really have no idea what to make them on. I was thinking of making a writing sub forum, since I see from many of the posts in the introduction sticky that many members like to write. But any suggestions for this are appreciated, too. Also, anyone have changes for something that we're doing right now that you'd like to address? I'm also thinking of doing more contests, and ideas for this would be welcome. I can't think of anythnig else to write, so, please, just suggest some things. Everything will be taken into consideration, and if I choose to not go through with someone's suggestion, I'll make sure to explain why.

Also, check the last page every once in a while, I'll be bouncing ideas off people. Or trying to, at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:59 pm
No one has even one little suggestion? At all? Wow.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:35 pm
Come on, people, the thread isn't locked. Any suggestions? Any at all? Even the smallest little suggestion would be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:52 pm
The thing is, being on all fantasy books, this guild is a bit like the public forums. maybe some threads about other things or some way we could talk to each other and not just post how much we like each book etc.? Or a roleplay of some books or..I don't know.  

isidar_mithram

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:18 am
|~*^.[Jay].^*~|

Okay, I'll suggest - maybe an RP forum or a fanfiction forum.

Also, if you're taking suggestions for invites, try Orange Blossom or Janier Talign.

|~*^.[Shadow was here].^*~|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:46 am
Hm. The RP forum is a good idea. Since I was gonna make the writing forum, the fan fictions could go into there. As of now, though, I think we've only got enough for one sub-forum. I have to check. It's not my habit to look at how much gold the guild has. I'm inviting the people you suggested now, but... I have no idea what to say. Maybe I'll just say nothing. Yeah, that should be fine. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:08 pm
isidar_mithram
The thing is, being on all fantasy books, this guild is a bit like the public forums. maybe some threads about other things or some way we could talk to each other and not just post how much we like each book etc.? Or a roleplay of some books or..I don't know.

People are free to make any fantasy RP they want. I'm not making one because, if it's based on a book, I likely won't join. And what kind of RP has a creator who doesn't RP in it?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:02 pm
Maybe a fantasy art section? You could submit one of your own drawings/pieces of art, or discuss one of your favorite fantasy artists there.  

Sileny

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:54 pm
Hmm, possibly. Make a thread for it, if you'd like. Or I could add it to the sub-forum. I'd rather not make its own sub-forum for that specifically, I don't know how many people would actually use it. But that's a good idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:30 am
We should have threads for fan fictions or books some of us are writing. We can constructivly criticize their work, and maybe help each other with the writing part.  

Argetlam092

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:24 pm
Argetlam092
We should have threads for fan fictions or books some of us are writing. We can constructivly criticize their work, and maybe help each other with the writing part.

That's what the writing sub-forum is for. I made it abundantly clear that people can post anything to do with writing there. Yet people don't. I feel like I wasted 2500 gold from the account.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:43 pm
Perhaps a donator of the month sticky? It might encourage more people to donate... and at the end of the year there could be some sort of prize for whoever donated the most through the year. I know it's not a book one but it might work...  

Silkrai

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:01 pm
Hm, maybe. But we really don't need donations. Not at the moment, at least. Maybe if more things come out and we need the gold, I'll start that. But at the moment, I don't see the need for donations.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:03 pm
Would anyone at all be against a recruiting contest with a gold prize? If so, tell me now, 'cause I'm thinking of starting one come April.  

NightIntent
Captain

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:10 am
I like the idea of specific threads. You should make seperate threads for particular books or sagas or trilogies and such. It would be so much easier.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff