Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
Initiation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

viper_353

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:59 pm
Hey, I've heard some pretty scary stories on here about kids getting initiated when they enter highschool. Idk if I've mentioned before, but I go to a pretty good highschool for that...sure there's fights on occasion, but I've never actually heard of any of the things happening that some gaians have told me about. (Like one said there's such thing as 'tag a freshman day at their school, and the teachers don't do ANYTHING!) (and okay, there's one terrible story about some kids burning a kid's hair off years ago that goes around when kids are choosing schools for September. But I'm not even sure the validity of that one)
And me and my friends claim to have been 'initiated' because some grade 11s wanted their table back (honestly about 2 months into the school year. No way after that long!) and threw pencils at us every lunch hour for a while! That was in my first year. (and if ur wondering, I'm a grad next year, and we've still kkept the table throughout higghschool)
So I was wondering: What's your story?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 pm
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We don't do initiation at our school.
In fact, we have a school program for making the minor niners feel comfortable in their first year.
I mean, it's getting ridiculous. The past couple years they've walked around like they own the place and there's nothing we can do about it. They figure just because we were forced to welcome them we have to suck it up and deal with their attitudes. Some of them have nasty attitudes towards the older students.

User ImageUser Image
...so she told me to be the fool with a dream...

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

viper_353

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:22 pm
Haha yeah it bugs me when younger kids think they rule the school just because they're the new kids.
We have a lot of activities to make the kids more omfortable....like they get the first half of the first day of school to themselves to get settled, and the rest of the school comes at lunch time.
But I really do think kids need to respect the older kids! That's just how highschool works!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:59 pm
viper_353
Haha yeah it bugs me when younger kids think they rule the school just because they're the new kids.
We have a lot of activities to make the kids more omfortable....like they get the first half of the first day of school to themselves to get settled, and the rest of the school comes at lunch time.
But I really do think kids need to respect the older kids! That's just how highschool works!
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yeah, they get the first day to themselves at my school and a group of the older kids come to show them around and do activities with them, but they should never have taken away the initiation my school used to do because now the grade 9's think they can get away with anything and have been getting into just as much trouble if not more than the older students.

User ImageUser Image
...so she told me to be the fool with a dream...

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Sora Nightwhisper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:45 pm
hehe smile i dont have to go through that because I go to an academy for 7/8th graders thats on the high school campus, so you make friends with the high schoolers. its just the non-academy kids who have trouble i guess  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:43 pm
this is just from what i have heard, but where i'm going to high school it is mostly guys who get initiated. i have never heard of any girls doing it or having it done to them. all of the staff and stuff really get upset about it so they try and stop it the best they can i think  

In Living Colour

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 am
Not usually, no. =]
Sometimes in sports but honestly it's not a big deal -- just silly pranks and harmless stuff.
The really scary stories on the news are actually very rare...that's why they're so sensationalized.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:49 pm
initiation? from where im standing its fun,

so here's the deal, im from the philippines and in every college school in my town has an initiation.... so our school hold one in every year and it was pretty fun, any injuries we have will be the schools responsibilities and our initiation is MILITARY STYLE! XDDD  

oOFuniPuniOo

Luca Grey

Lupine Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Well I don't know about the rest of the school but in band there's an initiation, but there are all these guidelines and stuff so it's pretty safe. Newbies get "romped" or dogpiled but the rules are, if the target is a girl then only girls can participate and if the target is a guy then is has to be outside on the grass  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games