Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Adaptations?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:39 am
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

Yesterday... or was it today? I think it merged into today as I watched it quite late... yes indeed. Anyway! I watched the Hallmark adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. The movie from 1999. Now I've seen it before... but a looooooooooooong time ago.

I've realized just how long that movie is... but that's probably because they incorporate scenes from Through the Looking-Glass. Anyway, I do enjoy that film, especially the tea party scene and the trial.

However the point of this topic is... what other adaptations are good? I haven't watched many, but would like to. Here's what I have watched...

Alice in Wonderland Silent Film (1903)
Clips of Alice in Wonderland Silent Film (1915)
Disney's Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Clips of Alice Czech Film (198 cool
Hallmark's Alice in Wonderland (1999)
Burton's Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Also I have played a couple video game versions; including AMA and some of a old text-based role-playing game.

So any suggestions? Also should I watch the whole Czech movie? The couple scenes I've watched (Beginning with the White Rabbit and the Caterpillar scene) were very... unusual to say the least. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:44 pm
Oooh... I'm so bad with movies, so I don't have any particular recommendations other then what you've got up here... but I'll keep my eyes open. *nodnodnod*  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Mrs Dobbins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:47 pm
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

You know I haven't watched any others except these still... hmmm... I need to find or buy more~

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games