So how about you?
  Lesbian!
  Gay!
  Bisexual!
  Straight!
View Results

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:38 pm
Well, before I ask my question, here's a bit of a back story.

I'm a lesbian and I'm still in high school. My parents are a bit strict sometimes. They don't seem to care if my friends are gay but I know for a fact they'd rather me be straight. I do plan to tell them I'm a lesbian but not until I'm eighteen. They can't do anything about it then.

SO ONTO MY PROBLEM.

I was at the house of one of my best friends today. I hadn't seen in her in a while and we were planning to swim in her pool and watch some movies. Now, she's bisexual. Anyway, fast forward to watching our movie. We were just sitting on her couch, and I was completely wrapped up in the movie. We chatted during it and at some point she flat out said she wanted to kiss me. I thought it was a joke cause we joke like that all the time. Right after the movie, she leans forward and kisses me. Now, I'm not going to say I didn't like it. She's attractive and a good kisser. It ended up being a sort of make-out since a little tongue got involved. She kissed me before I left too.

So here's my problem: Should I ask her out? I mean, we're both single and we have great chemistry together. Should I give it a shot?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:55 pm
It might be a good idea to tell your parents before you turn 18 so that they can have some time to get used to the idea. You never know, if you tell them when you're 18, they could overreact and kick you out of the house. Better to tell them when they can't legally throw you out.

As for the girl, go for it.  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 pm
Well, even if they did kick me out, I'd have plenty of places to go and since I'd be an adult, they might no take it as badly. My parents aren't homophobic, it's just they'd prefer me to be straight. They'd love me anyway. My older sister is bisexual and they didn't give her too much fuss about it. I just don't want them to be able to force me to go to church or something. They're christian but I'm not.

She asked me to go to the movies with her on Friday. I'd probably ask her then.

Oh! And thank you for your advice.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:03 pm
the heart wants, what the heart wants...if you are into her, and she into you, then by all means enjoy the ride. but i will have to concur with rackella, it's better to tell your parents before ya hit 18 rather than later.

the plain and simple truth of the matter is...your parents want grandchildren someday. No matter what they say or do regarding your situation, they WANT grandchildren.
Being in a Girl/girl relationship is not very productive in that regards unless ya end up doing the deed with a 3rd male party with the intention of raising a child. it's very complicated, and ends up with lots of headaches and baggage with all parties concerned. (yeah, i have friends that went that route...the drama was so intense you could of just popped some popcorn and sat back and watched the show it was that insane)
the second issue you unintentionally raised is with your intended. You stated that she is BI-sexual ("bi" meaning that there's the posibillity of a male relationship on her part in the future) how are you prepared to handle that situation should it arise?  

Keevan Draco

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 pm
My parents already have a grandchild. My sister is married and has a daughter. Also, my parents are really strict. If they found out, they'd never let me out of the house without them again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:14 pm
Hmm... you DO have a tough situation here. But I also say tell your parents before you're 18. It may be a little better if any better at all. As for your friend, if it's what you both want, then go for ot.  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:07 am
I just don't know how to tell them. I know they want me to be straight but I can't bare children anyway so why does it matter?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:12 pm
Statement: I sorta know what you mean. There's something I want to tell my mother (nothing like your problem or anything bad), but I don't know how to present it to her. People react to things in different ways, so I can't actually tell you how to tell your parents since I don't know them.

Question: You kinda have a point there. Don't take this the wrong way, but just because a girl is with a dude (even if they're adults) doesn't mean they have to have sex. But you said you're a lesbian, anyway, so it doesn't seem to matter to me, either. Since you can't have kids and all.  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Swann

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:12 am
gay straight bisexual doesn't matter, never date your friends. Because when it's over chances are VERY slim that you'll still be friends really wanna ruin a friendship for a short time of lust? I'm going to be honest nothing lasts forever no matter how much you want to tell yourself YOUR situation will be different. No. I think it's a horrid idea, keep a best friend don't make an enemy.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 am
InnisTheMirageOfDeceit
I just don't know how to tell them. I know they want me to be straight but I can't bare children anyway so why does it matter?
you said you're still in high school, well sorry to break it to you hunny but you ARE a child. Honestly do you know how many girls are "lesbians" in high school ... it's hard to take a teenager serious you have raging hormones it's just the dumbest time to try and make a choice about your sexuality. or about how you feel about kids, yes you can't stand them, because you're at a point in your life when you shouldn't want them, but your a woman and your clock will tick some day  

Swann

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items