Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Meat-eating friends. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does that annoy you?
  Yes!
  No, I just ignore their ignorant remarks.
  This type of situation has never happened to me.
View Results

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 am
Does anyone else have meat-eating friends that act like they know what they're talking about when discussing vegetarian/vegan issues?? Like I had this one friend who tried to tell me there was beef in Snickers.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:54 pm
Yeah, definitely.
One friend of mine told me you had to have eggs in baked goods, but I think he was just more astounded to hear about no-egg breads/cookies/cakes and egg substitutes and couldn't wrap his melon-head around the idea ^^;
The most issues that come up about veg*n things happen at the lunchtable when everyone asks what the hell I am eating.
That friend of yours is sort of twisted.  

ikeywii

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:48 pm
Yeah, I have problems at the lunch table too. Everytime I'm eating something, someone tries to tell me it has meat in it. I'm pretty sure that out of all people I would know. I'm vegetarian, but my friends keep on thinking that I can't eat eggs. They don't know the difference between vegetarian and vegan. Then I have people who think I can eat chicken or fish.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 pm
xD Snickers? That is funny, I have friends who try to tell me things are not Vegan as well.

Some ask too many uncomfortable questions, while others can be rude, and some couldn't care.
Oh yea! Lunchtable is the worse place. Why does everyone care so much about what were eating. Its like they are astounded when we eat something they eat on a normal basis or eat tofu. lol

I always try to explain to people. I eat what you eat, accept its the Vegan version. lol

Twisted Turnip

winnlovesyou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:12 am
eveejoystar
Yeah, I have problems at the lunch table too. Everytime I'm eating something, someone tries to tell me it has meat in it. I'm pretty sure that out of all people I would know. I'm vegetarian, but my friends keep on thinking that I can't eat eggs.

I have it the EXACT same way. Don't feel too bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:06 pm
winnlovesyou
eveejoystar
Yeah, I have problems at the lunch table too. Everytime I'm eating something, someone tries to tell me it has meat in it. I'm pretty sure that out of all people I would know. I'm vegetarian, but my friends keep on thinking that I can't eat eggs.

I have it the EXACT same way. Don't feel too bad.

I did a ten page research paper on vegetarianism; I'm going to start carrying it around and make people read it whenever they start talking nonsense. xd  

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

h y p o c h r i s t i

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:37 pm
I had a friend insist I wasn't a vegetarian because I consume milk and eggs. I explained that vegans are the ones who don't consume milk or eggs, but no. He still insisted I wasn't a vegetarian. I've been one for four years, so I know what I'm talking about. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 pm
h y p o c h r i s t i
I had a friend insist I wasn't a vegetarian because I consume milk and eggs. I explained that vegans are the ones who don't consume milk or eggs, but no. He still insisted I wasn't a vegetarian. I've been one for four years, so I know what I'm talking about. rolleyes

I haven't had a friend insist I wasn't vegetarian for that, but no matter how many times I tell them that I can eat eggs they keep forgetting and will ask me again.  

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:49 pm
"You're a vegetarian? WOW...Does that mean that you eat Rabbit food?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:11 pm
M h m
I have those friends or even family members
Sometimes i need to check the ingredients
and they just say theres no meat in something that's liquid
D:
Sometimes to tease
o H sometimes my friends may stare when i eat something without meat & start discussing that they couldn't do it they need the meat and that they can't live without it
and i just try to eat but need to respond each time -___-

I once made my friends go vegetarian for 2 weeks
they made it for some days // only when i saw them
i mean only like 1 stuck to it for limit 2 days
they were giving up one at a time o___O
i bet they were on meat at home D: We're like amusing eaters for them - ~ -"

Xx0Happy0xX

Badgeless Informer

9,275 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:38 am
Xx0Happy0xX
M h m
I have those friends or even family members
Sometimes i need to check the ingredients
and they just say theres no meat in something that's liquid
D:
Sometimes to tease
o H sometimes my friends may stare when i eat something without meat & start discussing that they couldn't do it they need the meat and that they can't live without it
and i just try to eat but need to respond each time -___-

I once made my friends go vegetarian for 2 weeks
they made it for some days // only when i saw them
i mean only like 1 stuck to it for limit 2 days
they were giving up one at a time o___O
i bet they were on meat at home D: We're like amusing eaters for them - ~ -"

I hate when people say they can't live without meat. D: And I hate when people make comments when I'm eating. It's not like we're forcing them. I don't make comments when they eat. scream lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:58 am
My friends are pretty supportive and respectful. I have one friend who always says, "I need meat, I could never live without it blah blah I hate veggies blah blah blah."

The ignorance I have heard from more than just one person: "as long as I don't see where the meat is coming from, then I can eat it. I don't want to see the animal being killed." that one just pisses me off everytime I hear it. It's like, just because you are blocking your vision to it, doesn't mean it's not happening!

I should make them watch Food Inc.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:29 am
[Beautiful Oblivion]
The ignorance I have heard from more than just one person: "as long as I don't see where the meat is coming from, then I can eat it. I don't want to see the animal being killed." that one just pisses me off everytime I hear it. It's like, just because you are blocking your vision to it, doesn't mean it's not happening!

Ugh... Sooo many people are like that. They don't like uncomfortable stuff
so they ignore it and pretend it doesn't happen. It makes me so mad!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:41 pm
Sylphide Le Papillion
[Beautiful Oblivion]

Ugh... Sooo many people are like that. They don't like uncomfortable stuff
so they ignore it and pretend it doesn't happen. It makes me so mad!!!

Right! It's just so annoying. And they're always like, "I could never live on veggies, I need meat, I HAVE to have meat!"

*sigh*

I'm gonna go read Fast Food Nation now...Or better yet, make the rest of the world read it.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

MC Ride is my Daddy

Shirtless Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:26 pm
Almost all my friends judge me for not eating meat. I have two friends that support me being vegetarian.
I can barely talk about it with anyone. It's not like i yell at them for eating meat. Also, one of my friends told me i will be unhealthy if i don't eat meat or gelatin.
I think i should print out some facts and show it to them.
It just annoys me so much that they can't see it's my choice to eat what i want.

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff