Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Chatter Box---- [come chat it up in the chatterbox!]
Help the Gaian Online Magazine!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 pm
Thats right! WE NEED YOUR HELP! Its simple: just fill out these three questions and post them here. ITS THAT EASY! You may even be seen in the next issue of Gaia's most popular magazine!

Here they are:
1. Does Gaia play a role in your normal life outside of the internet? If so how?
2. Where do you think Gaia is going in the future, with the new release of the animated items and all?
3. What was the first item you ever quested? Did you succeed?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 am
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
we're spιnnιng on a roller coasтer rιde; тнe world sтυcĸ ιn вlacĸ and wнιтe

User Image

1. Does Gaia play a role in your normal life outside of the internet? If so how?

It's a quicker way to get in contact with my friend when her phone is off. I've also met a few cool people who I've gone to see perform at a con in real life. But otherwise, it's pretty much online-only for me.

2. Where do you think Gaia is going in the future, with the new release of the animated items and all?

I actually am pretty disappointed with how the animated items cost more than evolving items. It seems to me that Gaia is becoming more dependent on user money, and that more items are released for the cash shop than for the regular stores. It's getting harder for new users to get anywhere fun without a cash card, because most people depend on the items in the cash shop (let's face it, most look better) to make a good avatar. Real money is now the easier way to go, and I don't like it. D: But in the good news, I believe gaia is getting better items, but should listen to the users more! There's some great petitions for items out there.

My first quest was for the Omnomnom hat, which I succeeded in getting after around a month. One of my friends now has borrowed possession of it, and a real life version of it because we love it so much.

ι вeg тo dreaм and dιғғer ғroм тнe нollow lιes; тнιѕ ιs тнe dawnιng oғ тнe resт oғ our lιves
on нolιday
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hatch us? <333  

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:11 pm
not really. does learning alot of cool stuff about digital art count as a role in normal life?

i think the animated items is just a way for gaia to get a semi constant funding since the animations expire after a short while and needs to be recharged for it to be used. so if it needs to be recharged every month or so, that equals a somewhat constant amount of $$$ for gaia every month. slightly more reliable than hoping people like the new items they push out every month for income since its probly irregular. my take on this? neutral, meh gaia needs money to keep it free for everyone i guess.

kiki kitty XD yep succeeded several years later lol. <_< back then it was like 2-10k and fishing was the best source of income... had no knack for fishing then.  
Chatter Box---- [come chat it up in the chatterbox!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games