Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Dia Dementia's Journey With Weightloss and Veganism! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold!
  thank you :]
View Results

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:30 pm
hi all. idk what to say...
i'm overweight, not sure how bad since i don't have a scale in my house.
i want to accomplish two things:
1) get down to a reasonable weight in a healthy way, &
2) become fully, 100% HEALTHY vegan(as in, not cookies-and-french-fries vegan razz ).

i'm willing to work toward this as long as it takes. i didn't gain all of this weight in a year and i can't expect to lose it in a year either. i am going to try my best.

my guidelines:
1)vegan food only.
2)eat mostly-to-completely whole grain.
3)eat a wide variety of fruits in veggies.
4) exercise for 30 mins-an hour a day.
i'm sure i'll be adding to this as i go on!

now, in my next post, i'm going to put today's intake.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:37 pm
Breakfast: organic hemp waffles with 1/4 tbsp smart balace omega and one serving size sugar-free maple-flavored syrup.

Snack 1: a tall glass of low-sodium V8 smile

Lunch: sprouted-grain english muffin with a mix of Tofutti Better than cream cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and dried basil, with a handful of cherry tomatoes.

snack 2: 1/2 bottle of Odwalla chocolate protein drink, along with a couple of handfuls of grapes/apple slices.

Dinner: 1/4 brown rice, green beans & onions/shallots in homemade vegetable stock, two Gardein chik'n filets, with a tsp of Vegenaise and mustard as a "dip."

so that's where i stand today. tomorrow i am going to weigh myself and do some exercise. smile

pinkcatminht

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 am
Give 'becoming vegan' a read, when I first went vegan I didn't lose weight, but after reading that I started paying attention to things I was missing in the nutrition spectrum. (But your diet looks awesome, I just think its required reading. : P)

Good luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:09 am
Seraphsody
Give 'becoming vegan' a read, when I first went vegan I didn't lose weight, but after reading that I started paying attention to things I was missing in the nutrition spectrum. (But your diet looks awesome, I just think its required reading. : P)

Good luck.

is that a book? who's the author?

pinkcatminht

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 pm
I'm not sure all of it is on here, but: Becoming Vegan

That's the book that really put me into losing weight. When you're getting all your nutritional needs met, you have way fewer problems with cravings.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:39 am
i forgot to post yesterday, but i did terribly! no exercise.

Breakfast: homemade biscuits and "sausage" gravy, honestly not all that bad other than the fact that i ate ALL of it. ~_~

Snack 1: not hungry.

Lunch: not hungry.

Snack 2: some grapes and apple slices.

Dinner: Papa John's D: a large no-cheese with onions and mushrooms.

Dessert: D: i never eat dessert, but i had 1/3 quart of So Delicious chocolate. BLUGH.

plus side to all this, when i weighed myself about a month ago i was 190, now i'm 188. better than nothing, and enough to keep me motivated to do better. (i even left the ice cream at will's friend's house.)

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:57 am
TODAY WILL BE GREAT!

Breakfast: mango, pineapple, and banana smoothie made with low-fat soymilk(all the protein, less of the fat 3nodding )

Snack 1: none, wasn't hungry.

Lunch: a DEELISH sandwich of sprouted wheat, vegenaise, mustard, & a thickly sliced homegrown beefsteak tomato, topped with lots of freshly cracked pepper. loving life. heart

Snack 2: some apple slices & grapes.

Dinner: eugh! i TRIED to make the alfredo recipe from Vegan Yum Yum, but idk what happened! how the heck do 3 tbsp's of soy sauce = alfredo in any way!? it just tastes like a soy-sauce gravy. sad i still ate half of it with whole-wheat pasta and sauteed mushrooms.

Dessert: this time, i chose a whole grain cereal with some almond milk as my "dessert." much better for me. :]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:37 pm
Congrats on your loss, and good luck! (It's especially fun to see the tens digit decrease biggrin ) The no-cheese pizza sounds good and probably wasn't much of a calorie bomb either; the cheese is the evil part of the pizza usually. I also like to get pizza with extra tomato sauce, as it adds very few calories.  

Euthanasia Phase

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:25 pm
Hysterisches Zyanid
Congrats on your loss, and good luck! (It's especially fun to see the tens digit decrease biggrin ) The no-cheese pizza sounds good and probably wasn't much of a calorie bomb either; the cheese is the evil part of the pizza usually. I also like to get pizza with extra tomato sauce, as it adds very few calories.
well, i'm sure it wasn't as bad as a cheese, but considering it was a large & i ate the entire thing... D: oh well, could've been worse.
thank you! heart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:56 pm
http://fatsecret.com/Default.aspx?pa=mem&id=92028 i found my fatsecret account! smile

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:26 am
yesterday i was in my calorie range, but it was, save for breakfast, all junk food. i need to stop doing that.

today is the start of an exercise challenge on my fatsecret, so i will be exercising from now on.

Breakfast: Homemade biscuits(Bisquick Heart Smart + almond milk) topped with Polaner sugar-free fruit spread.

Snack 1: since i ate breakfast at 1PM, i dont need a snack.

Lunch:

Snack 2:

Dinner:

Exercise: walking/running/getting kicked out of the mall/various stores around the mall >.>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:21 pm
sorry for not posting for a few days! i've been eating well, just not enough confused but i have lost a few pounds, despite the fact that [TMI]i'm on my period[/TMI].

the coolest thing happened the other day! i found my old childhood friend on myspace, so exciting! i'm going to see his band play tomorrow smile

anyways, today i had an odwalla super-protein bar, along with an odwalla fruit smoothie. then i had a sprouted grain english muffin with vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast, powdered garlic, & dried basil.

pinkcatminht

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:36 pm
Lady-week is always an important factor in weight loss. Congratulations for losing despite it! :D

I always wondered, does yeast taste like anything or what? I'm clueless when it comes to veganism, so I've never had it or anything. Why do you eat it, and what does it taste like? o__o Sorry about the questions but I am curious. n.n <3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 am
Stars in my Pocket
Lady-week is always an important factor in weight loss. Congratulations for losing despite it! :D

I always wondered, does yeast taste like anything or what? I'm clueless when it comes to veganism, so I've never had it or anything. Why do you eat it, and what does it taste like? o__o Sorry about the questions but I am curious. n.n <3
nutritional yeast is an inactive yeast that has a slightly nutty, slightly cheesy flavor. it's good to try over popcorn, & it's fortified with b12 & other things that can easily be lacking in a veg*n diet. smile

pinkcatminht

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:13 am
i feel really proud of myself. i went to my grandparents' house, which is where i normally break my veganism as well as my health-food-ness. this time around, i had a baked potato with earth balance "butter", daiya "cheese", vegan bacon bits, a little salt & a lot of pepper, along with a salad that had lots of tomatoes, broccoli, a little of the above-mentioned "cheese" & "bacon", some almond slivers & some dried cranberries, in a light vinagrette(spelling?). very delicious, filling, & healthy.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff