ZeeCrazayHobo
Captain

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 am
KoRn III: Remember Who You Are: Everything You Need To Know!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What's with the III? Why the title Remember Who You Are?

The title "Remember Who You Are" is describing a return to their "roots", as heard in their first two studio efforts Korn and Life Is Peachy. They teamed back up with producer Ross Robinson as well, just like the first two records. The "III" symbolizes it as the third record using the studio techniques that were used with the first two albums.

Physically, it involved placing the band in "The Catbox" - an extremely cramped, narrow recording room with carpet covering the walls. Production-wise, they went back to recording on two-inch tapes with no click-tracks or Protools involved which resulted in a very raw sound.

Psychologically, Ross Robinson put the band through "Hell" and was especially harsh on newcomer Ray Luzier. (Not sure who Ray is? Scroll down for more information.)

When is the release date?

The album was released July 13th, 2010. It now is available world-wide.

Do you know what the tracklist is?

The tracklist and song lengths are as follows:

1. Uber-time 1:28

2. Oildale (Leave Me Alone) 4:43

3. Pop A Pill 3:59

4. Fear Is A Place To Live 3:09

5. Move On 3:48

6. Lead The Parade 4:24

7. Let The Guilt Go 3:56

8. The Past 5:05

9. Never Around 5:29

10. Are You Ready To Live? 3:58

11. Holding All These Lies 4:38

Total Length: 44:37

Are there any deluxe or special editions of the new CD?

User Image

Yes. Along with the regular album, there is also a special edition which includes 3 bonus tracks:

12. Trapped Underneath The Stairs

13. People Pleaser

14. Blind (Live)

Along with the extra tacks, there is a DVD which contains footage of the band recording each song - however, the actual recording process cannot be heard and the footage is set to the finalized version of the songs in a "music video" style, along with a tremendous amount of effects accompanying the footage. There are little to none extras in the DVD. Do not expect another "Who Then Now". Aside from some of the disadvantages of the DVD, it gives even more life to KoRn III and is a must-watch.

Also in the Special Edition, you can enjoy extended artwork - some of which has raised even more questions about the girl and the man in the car...

Through online offers you can order limited edition bundles and box sets. Click here for more information.

So what is the first single Oildale (Leave Me Alone) about?

The song itself has been mentioned being about "an old friend" in interviews, but has also been described as the band's struggle in it's earlier years to escape Bakersfield.

The concept is used in the official music video, which was actually shot in Oildale, a poverty stricken section of Bakersfield.

In interviews, KoRn often describes the irony of Oildale; it sits right on land which is filled with oil but the profits from it never come to assist the people living there.

Anywhere I can hear some of the new tracks, besides Oildale?

30-second previews of each song are available on Amazon.com. I strongly suggest leaving a few alone though so you don't spoil the album if you intend to buy it.

What was the song that Ross Robinson forced Jonathan to sing to his wife?

THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR KORN III AND KORN LIVE: THE ENCOUNTER.

Many had been assuming "Holding All These Lies" was the song Ross brought Deven in for due to Jonathan's lyrics and initial breakdown towards the closing, but recently Jonathan revealed it was "Are You Ready To Live?".

During KoRn Live: The Encounter, Jonathan ends up cracking during "Are You Ready To Live" and at the end, right before he throws his microphone to the ground, we hear him shout, "I ********' hate that song!" before he walks away.

Ok. So who the hell is the dude with the blonde hair again? I keep seeing him everywhere!

Better get used to him! He is KoRn's official new drummer Ray Luzier. He's a very capable replacement for David Silveria, the original drummer, who left the band a few years ago on an "indefinite hiatus".

Ray Luzier played with Jonathan Davis and the SFA and later auditioned for a spot as KoRn's new drummer. When told to learn only five of their songs, he learned thirty. Not only did he perfect their studio versions of each song, but the live as well.

Watch Ray's audition tape here.

As soon as his audition was over, the band immediately invited Ray to join the band. All-in-all, quite a superior replacement. Not to mention he loves meeting fans and is one of the nicest people in the world. (I know from personal experience.)

What is KoRn Live: The Encounter all about?

The Encounter is an 80-minute-long live show that was performed inside a 700ft long by 230ft wide cropcircle crafted by the men behind circlemakers.org.

You can watch it here.

Jonathan has stated The Encounter will be released on DVD later this year or early next with some extras. Stay tuned for more information on it.

Have any more questions? I'll be happy to answer them! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 pm
wahmbulance Update wahmbulance

ZeeCrazayHobo
Captain

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100

DanteIX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:19 am
I got this Cd yesterday and love it. Im lovin the old sound mixed with some newer stuff.
Oh. and i got a poster for free in purchasing this piece of gold. blaugh  
.:+:.Children of the KoRn.:+:.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff