Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Icey's Doodles :: update ( 7/12 )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

late - autumn S L E E T

Eloquent Heckler

6,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tipsy 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:22 pm
Hello, I'm commonly known as Icey but you may address me as you wish.

My small background and knowledge from art comes from Digital Art and AP Studio Art classes at school. Going on from high school to college. I'm trying a more realistic approach to my drawings but I need help in proportions, and perspective. So I would like critque on some of my works to help me improve. Critques and guildance is appreciated.

( 6 / 8 / 2010 )
--- Currently I'm looking for some insight on this sketch before I try rendering it in color on another piece of paper. Suggestions? ( Ignore the the lines, wrinkles and glare. :/ ;;; )
--- And this one for the perspective and anatomy. Feel free to give comments on anything else that needs work.

( 7 / 12 / 2010 ) --- WIP dump, doing a bit of fanart to get me going.
Sketch :: WIP Color

deviantART

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Wow, you are very good  

Michael Doubt

Mighty SereneGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 am
Hello Icey,

I like your work, it is great. There would be a few things I would like to change. They are as follows(sketch):

1. I think that the girl's further eye looks a bit odd. To improve it I would keep on drawing it even through the hair, like the boys closest eyebrow.

2. The girls arm (not the one that raps around his neck) looks as if it is coming out of her head. I would perhaps lower it a bit and draw a big more of a neck.

Your second drawing:

Lovely drawing. only one thing I would like to change:

1. It seems a bit odd the way the buy is breaking through the glass. His pose is just a bit to forward. I would make him lean back as if he was charging through, sort of like a mid-air skid!

Overall, these pictures are fabulous!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 pm
Mighty SereneGirl
Hello Icey,

I like your work, it is great. There would be a few things I would like to change. They are as follows(sketch):

1. I think that the girl's further eye looks a bit odd. To improve it I would keep on drawing it even through the hair, like the boys closest eyebrow.

2. The girls arm (not the one that raps around his neck) looks as if it is coming out of her head. I would perhaps lower it a bit and draw a big more of a neck.

Your second drawing:

Lovely drawing. only one thing I would like to change:

1. It seems a bit odd the way the buy is breaking through the glass. His pose is just a bit to forward. I would make him lean back as if he was charging through, sort of like a mid-air skid!

Overall, these pictures are fabulous!

Thanks for the advice and comments!

The girl's antomy and pose looks a lot better and less awkward.
Also changed the boy's eyes, it seemed to be too flat or didn't have enough direction.

late - autumn S L E E T

Eloquent Heckler

6,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tipsy 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

late - autumn S L E E T

Eloquent Heckler

6,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tipsy 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100