Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Disambiguation and Diversification Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm
Start date: June 7th, 2010
End date: July 17th, 2010

Weight: 165.4 lbs
Goal: 159 lbs
Reward goal: 155 lbs

Specifically I'm going to be working on my abs and arms (and of course, cardio) because I've got a dress (a super cheap 20 dollar beauty of a dress) and it fits, but it doesn't fit perfectly, I need to lose some back fat and tone my arms for it to look good. But its so beautiful I've got to try.

Totally impossible I think, but if I get to my reward goal weight or more, I'm going to keep the dress I have and buy another dress specifically as a reward. I've got a few in mind from Le Chateau.

If I break 160 I'll be totally pleased. But I want to look super good in the dress I have that fits already. So I think that's a reasonable goal.

If I don't lose ANY weight, what I'll do is get a dress I own and love but is too large for me taken in.

Here's what the dress looks like: (Also a 'nice' view of my bathroom counter.)
User Image User Image User Image

It fits fairly well, I can't see how with some work it won't look fantabulous.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm
How its going to happen:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are a few things I'm wanting to do to help myself along this goal, one is maintaining a proper diet, this is something I've been struggling with but intend to continue working on.

Guidelines to get dietary stars.
Dinner ending in dinner.
No excessive meals (four pieces of pizza fails).

The reason for this is because I don't have a problem with *what* I eat usually, just how much of it.

Regular Turbo Jam sessions like, hopefully on a twice per week kind of schedule. I want to focus on the Core Party and Turbo Sculpt sessions. These ones work the arms and core a bunch. I use weights for the turbo sculpt and none for the core party, I intend to include my weighted gloves eventually on both.

At least three days of cardio a week in addition to the turbo jam sessions (they're cardio, can't deny it).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Tandahda
Crew

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Week one: of five and a half.
June 7th - 14th

Weight at start of week:

Weight at end of week:
163.0 lbs

Weight change from start:
Down 2.4 lbs!

Diet:
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] []

Turbo Jam:
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]

Cardio:
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [] []

Extra exercise:
Monday: Random arm exercises.
Tuesday: 5 min jump rope. 60 min bike ride. 14 km
Wednesday: 8 min arms, 30 minute walk laden with groceries. (Not overly many but enough to be a pain).
Thursday: Turbo sculpt holy beejuz. 30 min walk. 10 min bike ride.
Friday: Walking around with resumes 30 min
Saturday: Walking around to take recycling out. 20 min. Sit ups. Many. Push ups. Some.

Notes:
Monday:
Feeling ok today, I mean, I decided on a new plan today so I should feel ok. I generally feel ok when I start new plans. But I think its nice. I have my dress hanging on a door where I can see it whenever I go near the house. I didn't end up doing any exercise, but I did do some general pointless calisthenics, so that was nice, I'm hoping I do a few of those exercises at a few intervals every day at an absolute minimum. (Like, I did enough that I feel my upper arms and parts of my back still.)

Tuesday:
I'm still feeling great. Today I skimped on lunch and rode my bike to a coffee shop around 8 km away. I skimped on the way back because I was a bit tired so it wasn't a full 16 km, but I'm still pretty happy about it, I had a soy latte while I was there (which is why I skimped on lunch.) I figure I've had my protein for the day, peanut butter toast for breakfast and hemp hearts for lunch. Because I'm terrified of bonking out on rides still I took an apple and a packet of shake powder. Didn't bonk on the way there and had the apple with the latte. I've got a pickle jar that I've been drinking water out of now, I like it better than glasses because I have to get up to refill. razz

I'm not sure if I deserve a tick for my diet today, so I'm leaving a question mark... I did snack, but I made choices that were ten times better than usual, popcorn with vinegar and salt rather than butter and yeast, frozen corn, standard toast but it was the only thing standard... so I'm confused. But dinner wasn't perfect either. So... still confused.

Wednesday: Well, I ate poorly yesterday, BUT I did get a bit of exercise. So that's good. I should do a turbo jam today so that I don't have to do a bunch at the end of the week.

Thursday: Omg. Turbo sculpt. I'm a fool and did nothing really on wednesday or monday so I have to do something for each day this week. That's fine. I found a gym buddy for next week so I'm super pleased about that. I've been working my arms as much as possible. So they're kinda feeling it. Shower now or else I won't have time to read the chapter I need to read before I meet with my book friends.

Friday: So. Pounding out for resume delivery. I'm pretty pleased. I hit up the north end of town and even secured a resume at a place where I'm not sure it would be fantastic to work, but is totally convenient in terms of reaching it from home, from school and is right next to the gym. So that is nice. Plus its offering something close to full time work 4 days a week or so. But I really impressed the lady at the tea store and I want to work there wayyyyy more.

Eating was meh yesterday. Not great but not horrible.

Saturday: Today wasn't perfect but it wasn't horrible either. Really if that's all I get that ought to be ok right?

Sunday: I'm calling it a week this week because I'm part of a weight loss competition on livejournal that weighs in on Sundays. So I'm altering my week schedule and weighing in on Sundays instead of Mondays.

WEEK RECAP:
Overall good week. If I can lose 2 lbs each week I'll be smiling, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'm still snacking a bit but its on things like frozen peas, corn and dried nori... Which are all veggies and super low calories. (In the case of Nori, super good for you too). I think what's put me ahead is the exercise I'm getting, and really I always knew that. So good work self, and keep at it for next week. If I make my target by next week I'll be pretty ******** pleased (but that requires me to drop 4 lbs.

I actually weighed in a little less than 163, but I round up for weigh ins if I've already lost a fair chunk of weight to give me some breathing room if its a fluke water weight episode. (Cheating technically but what are y'gonna do?)

Week one, COMPLETE. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:02 am
You are beautiful!
The dress is gorgeous, and I am absolutely sure that now that you've set your mind to do it with concrete goals, you will exceed even your own expectations. (: I cannot wait to see your progress pictures, please keep us all updated! <333

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:28 pm
Heh, thanks Stars. The dress was a pretty lucky find, Thrift store, 20 dollars (tags still on, which is why it was expensive for them). I rarely come across things that fit me almost perfectly in the stores, and its pretty nice because the dress fits me better now than when I bought it and I only bought it about two weeks ago.

Next week perhaps I'll go try on the few dresses I really like from Le Chateau and take pictures in the change room. : P  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:46 pm
*Waits in anticipation for results.*

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:42 pm
Tea store! I can see you working there, haha. (: You'd be all happy and greeting people and it would smell wonderful~ :D I hope you get that job. Or the other one, if it's better in the long run. <33  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:48 pm
Wow, nice dress and you look fantastic in it! Congrats on being so close to your goal, too.
I can relate to after-dinner excessive eating - what stopped me from doing that was brushing my teeth right after dinner. Toothpaste does not go well with much of anything.
Good luck with your job searching!  

Euthanasia Phase

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:14 pm
That's a pretty good idea, I'm going to start doing that perhaps. ... Thanks for the luck.

Sadly the tea shop isn't hiring stars, I'd love to work there a bunch gut I totally can't wait for them to hire. So I'll have to take the first job that comes around, which I hope to god is the one that I got the interview for. *Prays*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 am
Week two: of five and a half.
June 13th - 20th

Weight at start of week:
163.0 lbs

2.4 lbs

Diet:
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]

Turbo Jam:
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] []

Cardio:
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]

Extra exercise:
Sunday: An hour or more of yard work. Shoveling, raking, sweeping. Augh. I'll be sore later. Also about an hour of walking. : )
Monday: 40 min walking around, job hunting.
Tuesday: 30 minute bike at the gym, 4 min hard rowing, 10 min weights.
Wednesday: 30 min bike ride, 40 min walk. 1 hr martial arts class (very light exercise)
Thursday: Gym with Monkey! 30 min ride, 7.05 km rowings and weights.
Saturday: 20 min riding. Short walk.

Notes:
Sunday: I feel like I deserve two dietary stars for yesterday, not only did dinner end with dinner and I didn't snack really, I made my favourite scones and didn't eat more than one (and it was small at that!) That's a big thing for me. When I've made those scones in the past I've gone crazy and eaten like... four at a time until they're gone. I'm still having to control myself a bit because Mr. Seraph eats them like crazy... and that sets off some middle child instincts in me that I am certain don't help my weight loss. : P

Monday: Good day today. Lots of walking, and I'm going to the gym with a friend this evening. I'm still sore from the work on Sunday but I should be able to get in some weights for the arms and some cardio for the heart. : P I had good success at a local market where the lady seems to really dislike the guy she probably hired out of desperation from the restaurant next door. She said she was giving him a few weeks to pick up his trousers but she'd love to hire me if he doesn't. Seems nice... just irritated.

Tuesday:OMG gym. Still sore from yard work. I'm going to the gym again probs thursday. Orurhghhhh... I'm not looking forward to that. We're so out of food that I'm not sure what I'm going to do. *Grumble*

Things you don't do before giving blood: Not drink enough water. Go to the gym. Not eat quite enough. Be super stressed out.

Things that might happen if you do these things: You might pass out and have little old ladies fussing over you for an hour and a half, refuse to let you go home alone and force a blood clinic guy to drive you to a friends house and tell the friends not to let you do stupid things like move around too much.

Wednesday:
It was a bit silly perhaps to try riding today, but I didn't pass out. : D I'm going to walk to the farmer's market.
Instead: I walked downtown, got a free martial arts classes month pass from a friend, (I might continue to go I might not) caught the bus to the market, walked around, came home, went to the first martial arts class, was not wowed, but will give it a chance. Yeah. Good day yesterday. I ran into a nasty person before the class and it coloured my opinion I think because I was upset. I was so upset after that I ate a bunch of junk food (not as much as I have in the past) and it didn't feel good. It just felt stupid. So I doubt I'll be doing that again any time soon.

Friday:
So.... first day, I did really good not having free cappuccino all day. They're horrible for you. I also did ok working with meat, strange for a vegetarian to be working with meat, doesn't smell great, and its actually a lot less appetizing than I thought it would be. I've got good feelings for it. I hope it works for me.
Failure

Saturday:
I have done well today so far. Here's hoping that it remains so. It did! I like the ride to and from work, it helps me destress a bit before, and then work off some steam after. (Because no matter how nice the work-day is, it builds up some steam.

WEEK RECAP:
So. I totally ate poorly four days out of seven. I should work on it, but this week was really decentered. I was looking for a job, got a job, had a scare at the blood place, got depressed, got happy, and generally I was all over the place. I don't WANT to be gaining weight when I'm all over the place though so that's something I have to work on. Not nibbling at work is going to be really important. I already don't do much of that but we're allowed to have free drinks, there's a sugar iced drink that I have to stay away from and a 'cappuccino machine' that basically gives sugared drinks that I'm going to have to limit myself to one a day. (I fill a mug probably 1/4 full and fill the rest with real coffee, its pretty nice.) We're also allowed tea. So I'm going to drink a bunch of tea from now on (Me thinks).

I'm not sure what to do on the turbo jam front. It is the hardest one for me to do, and really I just subbed a gym visit in for it. So I haven't done a turbo jam at all and I'm not sure that's great, because my gym visits are NOT as productive as my turbo jam visits. We'll see what happens there.  

Tandahda
Crew

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:02 am
Good luck. I'm sure you'll be buying a new dress soon ;]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:55 pm
WOW, down 2.5lbs in a week?!
Congrats! :D I'm so proud of you!
If you keep this up you're gonna be at your goal weight in no time! ☆

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:53 am
Thanks Amber and Stars... I don't think I will, I think that was just me getting back to where I started. (I started out the month at 163.8, binged a bunch and got up to 166 again and then have been coming back down).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 am
Week three: of five and a half.
June 20th - 27th

Weight at start of week:
163.5 (Of course I gained weight, look at last week!)

-1.9 lbs

Diet:
No double meals.
No excessive snacking at work or at home.
No junk food 'nights'.
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] [] [] []

Turbo Jam:
[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.] []

Cardio:
[] [] []

Extra exercise:
Sunday: 20 min ride
Monday: 15 min walk
Tuesday: 5 min row, 10 min abs, 30 min bike, 4 laps swimming.
Wednesday: 20 min ride, 15 min walk

Notes:
Monday: AUGH. I need to stop this X-ing out on my diet. My goals are NOT freggin' hard. It should NOT be this 'hard'. UGH. I need to start bringing my shoes to work with me so I can walk back, my work shoes are ok to stand in but NOT to walk in. (Strange eh?) Or my bathing suit to swim after work, or something like that. ._.

Wednesday: Feeling pretty darn good. Hoping I'll be below 163 again for the weigh in on Sunday. Gym tomorrow with Rosie and Monkey. Next week, rather than this week, I'm going to start doing yoga with two friends. It's awesome and I'm so glad to be starting back again.

Thursday: Well. Wednesday was a binge night and a half. I don't know exactly what came over me. Oh well. I have things to be excited about. I'm getting my hula hoop today! It is blue on black with a stripe of yellow, I shall call it my batman hoop and it shall be my batman hoop. It is technically a fitness hoop but I'm hoping to have it be a dancing hoop as well. I can't wait until after 3pm when I can pick it up. *drools*

WEEK RECAP:  

Tandahda
Crew

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 am
that dress looks sooooo pretty on you~! heart  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers