Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Critique please 0:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

inutori

3,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:35 pm
User Image need some critique on this, thanks e.e and red lines are always appreciated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:47 pm
hmm nothing wrong actually rly good smile Though it lacks shading on the shirt and hair. The ears are good too they are below the eyes but put alittle detail to them.The hair is a bit hard make it the hair flow a bit smoother as well and the breasts also need to aline together. I hope this was good I don't wanna seem like the person who critizes a lot sweatdrop @.@ please forgive me if it is in anyway offensive [/red]  

Acedia della Invidia

Quvi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 pm
As mentioned above, the picture is too light. The human body has more colors in it than one thinks. Try adding more shades to add more volume to the picture. Try to understand the shapes of the form; each body piece can be broken down into smaller shapes. Learn how shapes react to light. Also, learn how articles of clothing refract light.

Light Source:

Looking at your picture from the top, it seems as though the light is hitting from the top at a 60° angle. However, when you look at the bust area, the light source becomes inconsistent with the head. Determine your light sources when shading!

User Image

Anatomy:

I don't want to tell you to change your style, but there are general guidelines one must follow in order to make a believable character. I can't go too much into this; maybe it's the style you like. However, I'll broadly go over some things I see. The nose is a bit too close to the eyes. Ears are too small for the body (again, your style, but you can make it look right by placing it correctly) The peak of the head is a tad high.
Your hip is a bit too straight. A woman's hips are wider than their shoulders(Unless its a child)! The chin isn't usually a straight-up V shape (Again, your tastes). Among other tiny things here and there.

Pose:

Here comes to stereotypical saying: Learn from life. Doing bland straight standing poses can get a bit boring, no? Expand your knowledge of how the body works at different angles and poses! This can be a real lifesaver when you try to draw a pose you aren't familiar with. Learn how the arms attach to the torso, how far the legs bend and whatnot. Having the characters head slightly tilted to the side or leaning on one leg can really add some life into the picture. Remember this and don't draw straight standing characters again! smile

How to improve:

Don't draw what you're comfortable with. Do a pose you know you'll fail at. You learn from failures. You develop an eye to see where you went wrong, what needs improvement. Don't be afraid to really take time on small things until you get it absolutely perfect.

Oh, and Practice, obviously.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:00 pm
Oh, and I'm no DaVinci. Feel free to ignore things blaugh  

Quvi

notoast8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm
A Green Frog
Oh, and I'm no DaVinci. Feel free to ignore things blaugh

actually that is some pretty good advice!! i should use it XD  
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff