Submit

Prince Kuon

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:33 pm
Hello ladies 3nodding My name is Gin. (not in rl but i like being called this lol sweatdrop ) Well anyways, I'm new to selling aviart, and i'd like to know what'd be a good price to sell mine for. Here are some samples:

My friend Kiwi:
User Image

My friend Starr(Yes, Starr not Star lol):
User Image

And My other friends Hammie and Mousie:
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:38 pm
I'm really bad at pricing art, but I DO know that if you cleaned those up a bit they'd be worth ten times more. Would you mind if I take one of those onto photoshop and show you what I mean?

Edible Purple

Prince Kuon

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 pm
Edible Purple
I'm really bad at pricing art, but I DO know that if you cleaned those up a bit they'd be worth ten times more. Would you mind if I take one of those onto photoshop and show you what I mean?

wow that was hard to read sweatdrop

and no i don't mind. go right ahead.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 pm
Wow. Your art is really cute, Gin !

I can't wait to start buying if you'd like to draw my avi, once you have the pricing sorted out.

Wish I knew more about pricing art so I could help ya out, but unfortunately I don't, sorry. >_<

I'd be glad to buy from you once you're ready, though !

Jenitorturer

Prince Kuon

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 pm
Jenitorturer

I can't wait to start buying if you'd like to draw my avi, once you have the pricing sorted out.

Wish I knew more about pricing art so I could help ya out, but unfortunately I don't, sorry. >_<

Thank you soo much biggrin I also can't wait til i one day open my very own shop I'm so excited *squeals*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:01 am
GinCassius
Jenitorturer

Thank you soo much biggrin I also can't wait til i one day open my very own shop I'm so excited *squeals*

No problem ! :3
I can tell your shop will be very successful !

*future customer, right here !*
heart

I wish you the best of luck, although you don't really need it by the looks of your adorable artwork. >w<

Jenitorturer

Edible Purple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 am
Cleaning-up process
The first picture is the original. For the second, I used the "Levels" tool and played around with it a bit to get the contrast a little better. The third I manually erased most of the grey bits I didn't need, then the fourth I used the dodge and burn tools to get the background white and the lines dark. In the fourth one I used the eraser, dodge and burn tools to manually clean up bits of the image, finishing it off. This can easily be done with the free program GIMP, and really does add value to your art. Good luck selling! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:14 am
Edible Purple
Cleaning-up process
The first picture is the original. For the second, I used the "Levels" tool and played around with it a bit to get the contrast a little better. The third I manually erased most of the grey bits I didn't need, then the fourth I used the dodge and burn tools to get the background white and the lines dark. In the fourth one I used the eraser, dodge and burn tools to manually clean up bits of the image, finishing it off. This can easily be done with the free program GIMP, and really does add value to your art. Good luck selling! ^^

Oh wow thanks soo much. it looks really kool! biggrin
what i use for editing my pics, is either pain to crop some stuff, or the online on on hotobucket, and be super lazy about it annd just press "autofix" whee

Prince Kuon

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Edible Purple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:23 am
No probs. I'd recommend downloading GIMP and playing around with it, trying to get the best results. You might find a better way to do it than how I do it! >w< Just remember the aim is to have the background white and the lines as dark as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 am
Jenitorturer
GinCassius
Jenitorturer

No problem ! :3
I can tell your shop will be very successful !

*future customer, right here !*
heart

I wish you the best of luck, although you don't really need it by the looks of your adorable artwork. >w<

User Image

Prince Kuon

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nothing but a Grunt

2,850 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:16 pm
Your art is adorable(:
How much are they???  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:28 pm
The artwork is really cute, but due to the low quality of the scans and since they're only chibi and black and white I'd price them around 5-8k. If you decide to do color than I'd say about 10k for those.

Sources- I've done avatar art before.  

I Koneko I

Codebreaking Fatcat

9,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
09. ✿ - - - Advertisement

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers