Faceless

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 pm
This is just the prologue. I want to see what you guys think. By the way it's supposed to be kind of disjointed and rambling. It's written in the point of view of an 10 year old girl.
In this world there and things and people who are not normal. People who can do things others can't. People that are seen as monsters, abominations, scientific mishaps and many other things. I'm one of them. My real name I've forgotten. Everywhere I go people call me Hate, and so I've adopted that name. Once upon a time I wasn't a monster. I was a normal girl with feelings and a family. I was never normal though. I can do things with my mind that can literally tear you apart, kill you, or take over your mind. I used to never think about using my powers on an innocent human. I was part of the order, learning how to rule my people when the time came, getting to know the other rulers, and future rulers, and traveling from city to city meeting the other races. The order was what protected humans from the other races. We, the five great races, stood in the way of the other races on Earth. They wanted to hurt the humans, kill them and take their land, but we stood and stopped them, because we were more powerful. The order died when the humans destroyed the Purotekutas, my race. When all the Purotekutas except me were murdered the order fell into a rage. Ever since the order fell, earth has become one big battle ground. Humans fight side by side with other races. Races that normally hate each other work together to destroy the humans. The only reason I even try and fight against the humans is because it's the only way I can die. My mother, the leader of the Purotekutas, was the last to die. As she died she laid a curse on me. It made it only possible for me to die if all the humans were killed. She all bestowed all of our races powers on me, making me very powerful. I want to die only because then I can be with my family and friends again. Here on Earth I'm all alone, and its depressing down here. I can't walk down a street without seeing someone die, whether it be human or another race it's still sad. Death is always a sad thing. Watching a young woman run across a field and be shot down when she still has so much left to live for is sad. I wish my mother hadn't cursed me. I don't want to kill all the humans. They shouldn't all be punished for what a few of them did. I've already killed all the scientists who tortured me and killed my race, why should I have to kill all the rest of the humans too? They never did anything to me. They don't deserve to die, but I want to die so much. I don't know what to do. I wish I knew someone who I could ask for advice, but I don't know who is safe to talk to and who isn't anymore. Races have been divided in this war. Half the Kaze Enzeru fight for the humans and half fight against them. All of the Morikijo and Kumori Jin fight against the humans and all but 2 of the Tatazumai Koutai fight with the humans. The order was split upon the fall of the Purotekutas. I blame myself for the war. If I hadn't been sneaking around in the humans homes, the scientists would never have caught me. If the scientists had never caught me, I would never have been tortured and experimented on. If I had never been tortured and experimented on, I would never have given up my race's location to the scientists. If I had never given up my home location, the scientists would never have killed my family. If the scientists had never killed my family, the order would never have fallen and the war would never have started. We would still be living in an almost perfect peace. It's all my fault. I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have ever gone near the humans homes. Mom warned me not to and yet I still did and now she's dead, and my brothers dead, and everyone. Everyone I've ever loved is dead and it's all my fault. Why did it have to be me. I'm scarred and lost and lonely. Those stupid scientists ruined me. It's all there fault that I can't remember my real name. They are the ones who sliced the word Hate into my neck. That's why everyone calls me that. They never ask what my name is they just call me Hate. That's why I've forgotten my real name. Maybe I never had a real name. Maybe my name has always been Hate and I just never knew it. I don't know. I just want to go home, but I have no home to go to. It's be destroyed just like my family. I'm the only thing left of the Purotekutas. Sometimes it almost feels like they never existed in the first place.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:42 am
The first thing I noticed when reading your story was that it's one big wall of text. it may be written in the point of view of a ten-year-old, however just because that is the point of view does not mean that you need to write text walls.

From what I've read, the story seems terribly cliche, what with the "last of my race/family" thing, and having all the powers of her race (which, in my eyes, sets off alarms for a Mary-sue) makes her... A bit overpowered, don't you think?  

Zaviire

Neophyte Raider

Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces