Submit

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:32 am
I bought an item titled "Beach ball" from the marketplace to send to someone else as a gift. Here's the thing... I have the beach ball in my inventory but can't send it to anyone as it doesn't show the "gift" option, and I can't use it as an item either because it doesn't show up in any section of my Avatar selections, nor can I use it in my Aquarium. So what the (you know what) do I do with an item I can't use or even give away and why would this happen? I know Gaia is full of glitches, but this is ridiculous. Thank goodness it's not a high dollar item! xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:23 pm
I haven't played with this item since it became a drop for the Party Ball. When it first came out in Gambino Outfitters, it was like the water balloons. You bought them and used them in the towns. It may be in your "toy bag" in the town right now. (the toy bag is the little blue bag at the bottom right hand side of the screen.) If it's not there, I'd say it's become a glitch item (although it may also be a summer item, like the snowballs in winter. You may have to wait for the pools to open to find out.).
My daughter and I mainly played with balloons and water balloons.  

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:07 pm
Thanks!

Well, I saw an announcement today that they aren't going to un-animate the animated items until sometime in July, and they are going to try to keep them animated after than, so I went ahead and bought the golden halo off the marketplace. I probably won't use it anytime soon. Fairies don't have halos, but I imagine I'll be able to sell it sometime down the line for a good price.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:20 pm
quote:
Rigel: We're also cooking up some cosmic goodness to recharge Animated Items after July 15th--
sounds like an attempt to sell cash cards to me. Good Luck!  

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:23 pm
Purtie
quote:
Rigel: We're also cooking up some cosmic goodness to recharge Animated Items after July 15th--
sounds like an attempt to sell cash cards to me. Good Luck!

I'm sure it's an attempt to sell cash cards too. But if they take the animated items out of the shop we all know what will happen, don't we? That's why I bought one from the marketplace. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:39 am
I may change my Avatar to an Angel after awhile and use the halo, but after awhile I'll probably sell it, depending on how much gold I can get from it. I sold a Skittles Umbrella the other day for almost half a million. It shocked me. I didn't think anyone would buy it.  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:40 pm
GailAnne Munchkin
I may change my Avatar to an Angel after awhile and use the halo, but after awhile I'll probably sell it, depending on how much gold I can get from it. I sold a Skittles Umbrella the other day for almost half a million. It shocked me. I didn't think anyone would buy it.

If you have the time, could you tell me how you got the umbrella? I'm sitting on a lot of Skittles tickets and have been told to wait for the mods to randomly replace the tickets with items. If I should be doing something different, I'd really like to know. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:11 am
Purtie, I really don't know, hon. I know that I didn't buy it. Maybe they opened one of the tickets? I have no clue how I got the dang thing, but I didn't really want it so I decided to sell it. I didn't believe it would sell, but it did. I tried to send it to my daughter as a gift but the "gift" option wasn't there. The whole thing was weird! I still have Skittles tickets that haven't been opened.  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
CHATTERBOX

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items