Newbie Noob

6,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:05 pm
What's EV Training?  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:17 pm
i dont really know too much about it either. EV stands for effort values. I think it has something to do with a stat boost when you level up by fighting under certain circumstances. It comes into action for pokerus and items like macho brace but i think theres more to it.  

cloud7890

7,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

FIute

Greedy Grabber

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:49 am
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/faqs/56146
I usually use gamefaqs for info so this may shed some light
I think this one is for platium, but it should explain what they are
:')

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:40 am

Same here! I've read a few guides, but some say different things. I'm mostly confused on training at level 100 versus 50 and all that and how points don't really count until then. (lvl 100 that is) D:

Yumewa

Fairy

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:51 am
Yumewa

Same here! I've read a few guides, but some say different things. I'm mostly confused on training at level 100 versus 50 and all that and how points don't really count until then. (lvl 100 that is) D:

They do count, it's just that the total stat point gain is spread across the whole of your leveling, right from 1-100.

So say you give a pokemon 252 EV points in Attack. This will give you a stat increase overall of +63 in your Attack stat. However, you will only be able to accurately calculate and *see* all 63 extra points once it reaches lvl 100.
Around lvl 50, for example, you may have gained only an extra 31 in Attack stat, even if it has all 252 EVs already. (Just an example, not sure if that 31 stat increase at lvl 50 would be accurate)

Make sense? ^^

From what I can tell, you cannot EV train a lvl 100 pokemon, except for decreasing EVs with berries and increasing EVs with vitamines (but these can only get you up to 100 EVs in each stat). This is because EVs in battle are only gained when you gain exp. Since lvl 100 pokemon dont gain exp in battle, they don't gain EVs either, to my knowledge.

(Not counting the Box trick, it hasn't been proven to work in 4th gen, to my knowledge)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:03 am
Best Ev Training Guide

it helped me learn what ev training is and where to go. so hopefully it help. if you have more questions after this video let me know  

kingfutch

TPLoG Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff