Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scarlet Obsidian Rose

650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 am
Alright after my Khorne army, i'm planning to go onto a Renegade Imperial Guard army. Now i dont want this to look like the regular run of the mill renegade army; i'd like to field a Renegade branch of the Adeptus Mechanicus but i'm wondering what to use for modelling. I'm going to begin with Imperial Guard, but i'm wondering what to use to field and use as what.

Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 am
I'd say to make your force highly mechanized and utilize a lot of veterans to represent the Skitarii having more training and better equipment.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Scarlet Obsidian Rose

650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:59 am
Ah its worth looking at. What about heavy support? I was thinking of Basiliscs and Manticores  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:16 am
gasp! renegade guardsmen and the mechanicum!?

i dont know whether to hug you or rip your throat out for playing both my armies... xd

anyways, Codex: Imperial Guard is really versatile for playing 'gades, and although its not tourny-legal, i use the Tempus Fugitives codices for mechanicum.
some units from the TF Codices, along with IG units, could make good grounds for a Dark Mechanicum/Renegade Guard force.

as for army composition. walkers, and plenty of them. when i imagine the mechanicum, i imagine various heavily armed walkers instead of the Guard-standard tanks...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Scarlet Obsidian Rose

650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 am
lol i dont know about both of them yet. At the moment i'm going to use Codex: IG and the counts as rule. I got the idea after reading a copy of Mechanicum my friend lent me and i thought that it would go well with my upcoming current Chaos army.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:34 am
As for modelling your renegades, you can either buy minis from microartstudios, or if you're good with greenstuff you can order some Vostroyans and cut off their silly hats and give them hoods instead. wink  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:56 am
Pig Iron has a great selection of optional heads that are a perfect fit for GW models, including some very nice renegade heads with Vraksian gashoods.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:31 am
Shinobi - Good idea on the Vostroyans. They have the perfect look especially with the uniforms and rifles. The only down side to it is that the infantry would be all metal. Not something i'm keen on doing as its expensive.

Lt - Do the websites ship to England?  

Scarlet Obsidian Rose

650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:34 am
Pig Iron is a British company, besides most companies ship worldwide these days, at reasonable rates.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games