Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
Abuse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abuse
  We're taking it down
  We're doing nothing about it in our society, not really.
  So?
  I have been abused
  I have been an abuser
  I am abused
  I am an abuser
  I have never been abused nor have I ever abused anyone
  I want abuse to stop.
View Results

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:30 pm
Abuse:
Men who abuse women
Parents who abuse children
People who abuse animals
People who abuse their partners
People abusing other people
Husbands who abuse their familes

And people who keep on going back to their abuser, and seem to never, ever learn....

How do you deal with these two kinds of people? Are you one of them? What cases have you had in life that relate to this sort of thing? What do you think about abuse and people who "want to be abused"?  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 pm
Abuse seems to boil down to one thing: power, control. To abuse money. To abuse your children. To rape a person, or to rape your spouse, or to beat them. It is a form of excersing power and control, as well as rage. Usually senseless rage. Sometimes the person feels they have been victimized, either having truely been hurt or, once having had everything easy, when having to deal with a "normal" life grew to feel rage that they have to do the things they do (go to work, ext.) or that no one else is worth anything, and that no one else does anything right. That no one had better dare ever cross you. Abuse only takes place when there are people weaker than the abuser, and the abuser is usually scared to death of anyone that could hurt them in return. (Example: men who beat up on women and children, but will literally break down into tears and pee their pants if they see another man).

Abuse is wrong. The act of hindering other people when they have done nothing wrong, is wrong. Attacking those weaker than you for no reason other than the fact that you can, is wrong. Blaiming your problems on innocent people, beating up innocent children, raping your devoted wife, attacking, starving, or beating an innocent animal who can make no concioius decision if they hurt someone, is wrong.

Maybe we need the stronger people of society to use their power to kill off the truely abuse people in our society, to lock them away and punish them. Stonger people who see themselves and protect everyone equally. Even if you are not strong, you have to do something. If you never stand, of course you will not be strong... an atomic bomb is powerless when left without motion. The wind is harmless if not stirred. There is no such thing as weakness, there is only lack of will and fear, even when it comes to doing what is right and standing up for everyone, to do the right thing.

Those are my thoughts of the moment.

Abuse of power, abuse of money, abuse of resources also... we need to realize we truely own nothing, but that everything we have is precious and we should treat it as a devine gift. We should be good stewards of what we have, so that everyone might have more, and so that we never forget just how truely lucky we all are to exist in a world where seasons change and love blossoms, despite all the evil and uglyness along with this beauty we have to endure.

The evils of life would not be so hard to deal with if everyone loved and supported each other, and if we truely looked out for each other... rather than taking advantage of or abusing or ignoring one another when one is in pain or need. To try to allign our wants with other people's needs... that is a good place to start to achieve a more beautiful world.  

Angel of the End

Jade-Dagr

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:57 pm
I've been in an abusive relationship. Most of the time I don't even remember it, but whenever I am reminded it can take days for me to be happy again.
The best way to prevent this would have been education. There are mandatory health classes in schools, but all they teach is "eat vegetables and don't do drugs". If they had taught about the signs of abuse, well... I stayed in that relationship because I thought this is how things are supposed to be in relationships. this is how normal people act.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:31 am
I've never been in a a victim or cause of abuse and I've not known anyone personally who has. However I think my country at least doesn't do enough to prevent it. But I think it's such a difficult thing to stop for a number of reasons.

1. it can be difficult to prove.
2. victims are scared to speak out and seek help or they don't know where to turn for help
3. if you take someone to court this costs money which people might not have, or they might not want the ordeal.
4. services that are designed to stop abuse often miss it completely.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

XxSaddest_AngelxX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 pm
ive been abused by my parnets and a couple friends  
† The Dark Sanctuary †

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items