Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Detoxes & Short Fasts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:20 pm
Opinions? Facts?

I'm thinking about trying for the umpteenth time to do a detox/cleanse that lasts 1 week. I can't remember it per-se but it goes something along the lines of:

Day 1: Water/Juice Only
Day 2: Add fresh fruit
Day 3: Add raw veg
Day 4: Add cooked veg
Day 5: Add beans and whole grains
Day 6: Add fish
Day 7: Add dairy

So that by the end of the week you're eating healthier choices but yeah. The first 4 days will be lower-cal but not too bad (I mean fruit has lots of sugars, etc) but it's supposed to be very good for you, clean out your digestive tract etc.

I have the formal detox in my car, but was wondering your opinions on it? I usually end up cracking before day 3. D:

Should I try? Anyone else want to try?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:26 am
Having not done any real research in regards to fasts/cleanses I've always heard from the professional community that they don't do anything and that they're not healthy, even if they're short.

I personally couldn't get through day 1.

Roslin

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 am
I don't mind the idea of one day fasts, I'm sure if people think they're beneficial and they want to do them that they can get some kind of benefit. I'm not a fan of longer fasts. Especially ones that come with 'dietary assistance pills' or some other kind of stuff. They usually have some kind of clay/laxative/both in them specifically to make your poop look really crazy so that you'll be 'amazed at what is in your body'.

One of the ideas behind fasts for weight loss is that we some how keep junk in our body, that's impossible, if we were we'd be in serious distress and going to the hospital. Our bodies don't work that way.

I won't say anything on the benefits of giving your system a rest because I don't know of its drawbacks or benefits.

Fasts can be used mindfully to reflect on food and what you're putting into your body, and if that is going to be good for you then go right ahead because your fast doesn't seem horrible. When you add fresh fruit, do try to have an avocado/olives to get some healthy fats and protein.

While it wont hurt you not to have any protein for the time it makes you wait for beans and whole grains, it might make you a little loco, I go crazy when I haven't had any protein for a while and do things like eat whole pots of rice. Making sure you get that will help you keep on with your fast.

Good luck,  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games