Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
Biting Your Tongue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Issues with controling yourself to keep from talking back?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:50 pm
Who here struggles with biting your tongue from time to time...? Sometimes, I personally feel a desparate need to say something back and defend myself or my friends when attacked or ridiculed verbally. However, whenever a person does respond to verbal attacks and verbal abuse, it is always made to be the person's fault who got upset! Not the person who caused the whole ordeal by verbally attacking the victim. This seems to go in all cases, from family, to school, to spouses, to work. For if you dare speak back when attacked, it is your fault because you are causing a scene and you need to learn how to shut up. I am sick of society saying, "Paste on a smile shut up and deal with it."  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:27 am
In general I think of myself as having good self-control, because I've overcome some twitchy bad habits and I have skillz with hygiene-exercise-diet. BUT, I have almost no control over what I say. If something makes me mad, I'll start talking about it right away, even if that's socially unacceptable. My strategy? I can still control my tone of voice, so I've practiced saying my angry hateful words in an extremely polite way. "How could you DO that didn't you think of consequences?!?" sounds angry, and "How... could you do that? DID you think of consequences?" sounds patronizing but acceptably calm.  

Jade-Dagr

ttoki

Shy Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:10 pm
there are quite a few teachers *cough cough two cough cough* who always treat me and my friends badly, they give us s**t 24/7 and i am so sick of it! i have issues with talking back...i do have to admit that i do bite my tounge, but sometimes i just annoy the s**t outta them instead....

its hard not to talk back when someone is treating you poorly, and i hate it when people use their athourity over you to treat you badly...i hate it when someone verbally abuses you and you cant do anything about it. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 am
I'm a shy person so I need to work up quite alot of confidence to ever say anything back to anyone although there are plenty of times when I can think of comments in my head. It never seems worth it to me...it just makes the whole situation even worse and makes that person dislike you even more and even more likely to say something to you in the future.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:33 pm
My friend struggled with doing so when a group of people driving by threw a full unopened beer bottle at us, hardly missing, and screamed "FREAKS!!!!".... actually, she screamed and yelled back at them as they drove off. We were just at a gas station, pumping some gas, me and two other goth chicks I'm friends with. Amazing what it takes to cause someone to throw a full glass beer bottle at you (aka just existing).

I really, really wish I had gotten their tag number... it was 11 at night, and my friend had to crawl under the car and pick up all the glass so the tires of the car wouldn't get ruined. Luckily, she didn't cut herself, but still..... -sigh-

It doesn't bother me, it is just both annoying and very very very amusing to me.

Note: Muse = something that inspires
Amuse = entertain
Amusement = something that entertains
Amused = being entertained
Being entertained is not the same thing as being inspired, so how does this fraction of the English language have any common sense to it?? I just thought of that today, and it is bothering me.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 am
Angel of the End
My friend struggled with doing so when a group of people driving by threw a full unopened beer bottle at us, hardly missing, and screamed "FREAKS!!!!".... actually, she screamed and yelled back at them as they drove off. We were just at a gas station, pumping some gas, me and two other goth chicks I'm friends with. Amazing what it takes to cause someone to throw a full glass beer bottle at you (aka just existing).

I really, really wish I had gotten their tag number... it was 11 at night, and my friend had to crawl under the car and pick up all the glass so the tires of the car wouldn't get ruined. Luckily, she didn't cut herself, but still..... -sigh-

It doesn't bother me, it is just both annoying and very very very amusing to me.

Amuse = entertain
Being entertained is not the same thing as being inspired, so how does this fraction of the English language have any common sense to it?? I just thought of that today, and it is bothering me.

I'm sorry about that happening to your friend. Stuff like thath appened alot while I was at school, but since I left, I have never found anyone like that..I guess once you leave school you just don't deal with these sort of people anymore. At least I haven't..but then I don't live in America. sweatdrop People can be assholes.

The English language changes over time, and words which once meant one thing, can have changed to have a different meaning over time. It's a confusing yet interesting subject. I love language.

xp  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:40 pm
Same, and it is alright ^^ another time, a guy stalked us, and another time, a guy (actually a juggalo...) yelled out his window basically that he was gonna rape us. Also, we dress very modestly, so it has nothing at all to do with large chests or too much skin showing sweatdrop You are right, some people are just jerks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:14 pm
Angel of the End

Amuse = entertain

In this case, it appears the A prefix indicates "reaping the benefits of one with a muse", bit its all very arbitrary. It usually is used to show something that is reacting to something else, like affect, but that's just a guess. Retroactive language reconstruction is a very complicated science. Ask a linguist, there are alot of good websites out there.  

Storm Daughter

Distinct Prophet

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces