Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
How your lifestyle has changed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roslin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:52 am
So losing weight affects more than our pant size. It changes what we like to eat, what we do with our free time, and even some of our longterm goals. So I'm interested in how your weight loss has affected other aspects of your life.

For me, aside from fitness and confidence benefits, I've noticed a few other things:

*Yesterday, when I was at my best friend's house (who is skinny, never been overweight her entire life) I wasn't embarrassed or reluctant to spend about two hours learning this dance from a Japanese musical, while taping it. I didn't care that we were putting it on youtube because I wasn't embarrassed about my appearance anymore, even next to my 125 lbs friend. [ The Video... we have too much time ]

*For my 20th birthday me and 4 friends are going whitewater rafting. This is something I've always wanted to do, and I probably could have done this even when I was overweight, but this is the first time I've seriously pursued going. I'm doing something active for a celebration.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:32 am
Well, I generally feel better, I had the confidence to shave my head, which I never would have been able to do when I was really heavy. I have the confidence to converse and argue my points with my friends (collegiate mother ******** all of them. : P) Which my weight always kind of distracted me from.

The main differences though are little things. I think nothing of walking home from places when I miss the bus. Eating has been slow to follow my exercise habits in becoming better but in that I don't eat whole pizzas (which yeah I did at one point).

I feel quicker, more vibrant. As if I've been peeling away layers that dampened my true self.  

Tandahda
Crew

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:07 am
First let me say that that video was awesome. :D I don't have a best friend to practice with (unless you count my guy friend but the height difference of about a foot and a half wouldn't let us do that xD) but that is adorable! And you look great! <333

I've noticed that I feel happier, overall. Like, I'm generally a happy person, I'm more pleasant etc.
My clothing habits haven't changed yet (I am still trying to figure out why I am like, compelled to wear hoodies 24/7 it's a body-image thing but I'm trying and working on it). But I'm more active, and not just using the stables as exercise, but walking and toning up, etc.
My riding has improved quite a bit with my new-found upper-body strength and I feel like my communication with horses has greatly improved.
My skin has cleared up quite a bit, and I'm drinking a lot more water instead of 2-4 liters of diet soda a day. I'm a little more confident (not much, but a little) and I'm coming out of my shell and making friends.

I even got the confidence to visit a few friends in Wisconsin this summer, and I'm really excited about it! (I live in Florida).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm
Well, a lot has changed with me (:
I am currently 153, down from 195.
Now? I get disgusted by the fast food I used to eat everyday. I can't even stand the smell. My clothing habits have really changed.
I went from extremely baggy shirts and tripp pants, to semi-baggy shirts and skinny jeans.
I have a lot more confidence in myself. The stage doesn't scare me as much as it used to. My friends always told me "It doesn't matter what you look like, you have a great voice!" but somehow my appearance scared me out a lot of requests to enter shows to perform and what not, but now, I have to confidence to sing my little heart out, no matter who is watching! I'm 33 pounds away from my goal, and I know, I'm gonna make it!

Il L o l l i-x-R o t lI

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games