Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply 8th Annual Ball
Official Due Date List- Revamped Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 am
Count Down: 8 Days

Schedule for July:

Mark Your Calendars!

The date for the Annual Ball is July 23-26!

Ball Starts on July 23rd at 12 pm EST (needs verification)

(11 CST, 10 MST & 9 PST) (again needs verification)

Ball Ends on July 26th at 2pm EST (needs verification)

(1 CST, 12 MST & 11 PST) (again.)

Things to be done this month:

x Make sure that the forum is secured for the Annual Ball.
x Find those last few RP that we need to make the room's perfect.
x Reminder: All Plots for rooms are long overdue. If you have not submitted your plot do so A.S.A.P!
x Anyone want to make an image map? (is this done?)
X Make a thread for each room’s wants, needs, what has been completed, and what is pending. (great idea. *note to self*)
X Anything to add to the lists? Let me know!

The List (because we don't have the luxury of two.)

X
July 14th, aka NOW: Due date for official room names (PM them to me). (WAITING ON NEWSROOM)
July 14th, aka NOW: Due date for official room Mules, Hosts & Co-Hosts (PM me the list for your room).(WAITING ON NEWSROOM)
July 15th: Due date for room introductions (PM me if yours is not finished).Pending
July 15th: Room Banners to be started (If you haven't already).Pending
July 15th: Artwork to be started (if you haven't already. Please remember to give your artists enough time to do the artwork, and if you can't find anyone tell me A.S.A.P).Pending
July 16th: Due date for final contests (Remember the Avatar Contest is mandatory).Pending

July 17th: Due Date for room's rough draft.

July 16th: Final Rundown of Room's
July 17th: Meeting on expectations for crew before the ball. (MANDATORY)
July 17th: Room check by hosts.
July 18th: Finalization of room's (if not already done. If artwork is still expected, give me a general date.)
July 18th: Begin the official setup of room's (in the test forum).
July 22th: Make sure all room's are set up and ready to go.
July 23rd: Ball begins!
July 26th: Ball Ends!
July 26th: New Guild opens for a new year.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:41 pm
I'm assuming the alternate times for the 18th are in A.M., right?  

Lectern
Crew

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:10 pm
yes

they may be subject to change however. I need to contact the admin to see if the time's are ok. They were used last year, so i think they will be.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 am
Don't mind me as I copy the list and paste it in Dark Room. ^^

*YEAAAAAAAH FOR LISTS*

Btw, must the list of helpers be PMed to you too? And how do we solve the helpers problem?  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:17 am
I just need the list of hosts & co-hosts, RP names are not a must. As for the RP problem, i'm going to search the RP forum and see if i can get anyone interested. I would suggest everyone try that ^^  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 pm
I have a whole guild of literate RP people I can ask. As for the manga, I think I could help work on it. Like cleaning it up and polishing the colors (if any). I would help draw but my scanner's down right now.  

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:45 pm
i could probly help with the manga i could edit and change sketches into lineart or colouring but the actual writing of the story i cant do since i've never made comics with frames or comics in general. but if it just turning sketches into lineart that can be done fairly quickly per page. probly an hour and a half max.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:48 am
Angel is working on the wording for the Manga.

I have a girl interested in drawing it, hoever I think she just does it by hand. I will have more information and sketches from her this weekend.

If this is true, we might need it transformed into lineart, or colored depending on what we have time to do.  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:48 pm
I've been wanting to speak directly to you Bliss, but I seem to be constantly missing you. I don't mean to drop this bomb on you, but my hands are tied with the room of wisdom of arts. Upon getting my account back its stripped of items, money, and even friends/contacts. I'm also very limited on time. There really isn't much I can do right now to help this project. My suggestion at this point would be to drop that room completely to allow focus on the other rooms. If dropping it is out of the question then it will need someone very determined and creative to get it going.

On a side note, I do tend to have a bit more free time on weekends, so I might be able to act as a helper of some sort during the ball. Can also do as I did last year of reviewing the rooms if you need an extra hand with that.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:03 am
it's ok envy i totally understand.

I think it would be best to maybe leave the room as is,(scrap it) and put the character's in another active room. Why i suggest this is because we are really limited on help this year, and i don't believe that we will be able to spread the resources more thin then they already are.

I would love it if you still would like to help in your spare time. I have missed you alot ^^ <3

any word if you will be getting anything back? sad  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm
Thanks for being so understanding, I wish there was more I could do about the room/ball. As for the account, I don't really know whats going on. From the last PM I received it seemed as though there is some serious communication issue going on. I almost get the impression they think they have returned my items-- trust me when I say, thats not the case. At least not with items of any value if you know what I mean. I just hope I find out one way or another very soon so I can stop logging in so much in hopes of a response only to become even more disappointed. This whole experience makes coming on Gaia very depressing. I don't have the heart nor the time to truly start over. It amazes me those who have. I'm still trying to be optimistic, but that is fading faster and faster as each day goes by. lol.

But, more back on topic.. despite the hacker deleting a lot of my recent PMs, which had some contacts from artists who were potentially going to help with the ball-- I do remember that I was in contact with the Newbie Support Guild.. trying to recall the name of the vice I was talking to.. and when I talked to her she was very interested in trying to see what she and her guild could do to help us. Unfortunately its been a while since I talked to her to know if she would still have the same interest, but it couldn't hurt to see if that interest is still there.

If you want that name I can try to dig it up. I'm going to also try to wrack my brain to see if I can get in contact with artists who might be still willing to help out. I'm sorta out of touch with the ball needs right now as well as the community, so I'm a bit more limited.. but as the saying goes, the show must go on. I am sure we can pull this off.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:47 pm
awwe *hugs* I know everything will be ok. If you don't mind me asking, who are you in contact with in reguards to that?

Also it would be wonderful if you could do that! I hope that they are still interested. I know we still need alot of RP people for the room's as well as artists.

Right now i think all of the room's are not doing bad, however I am worried about the newsroom. They still have alot to catch up on.  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:09 pm
I got a few more items back today. ^^ Getting my favorite hat inspired me to make an avatar. I hope they're still working on the rest. Went over to the NSTG guild and found the name of the person I was speaking with.

Ebony the Peacian -- she's a vice captain. I'll let you contact her so that you can better answer any questions she has. And let her know that I am sorry I had not spoke back with her sooner, but I had unfortunate circumstances preventing me from doing so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm
Well I told you before things got all crazy that I'd color the manga. Trust me, it's for the best that I don't draw it..XD.  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:46 pm
If the alternate times in the A.M. Have to happen, I won't be on in the morning my time (EST) As I have a final that day.  
8th Annual Ball

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff