*sigh* Here we go again [PLEASE!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:11 am

I am so sorry about how long this is, but please!

Okay. Just to start this off, I have nobody else to turn to when it comes to boys. My mom died two years ago, my sister is....well, let's just say I don't trust her judgement, my friends either have no more experience than me or just don't care, and my dad's girlfriend....no. Just, no.

I have a friend, we'll call him James. So, James has been a very cherished friend since my mom died. We hadn't been very close before, but he really helped me the day she died. Last summer, he was going out with this girl and he was so happy with her. She dumped him. She told him that she'd felt sorry for him when he asked her out and said yes, but now that school was about to start she didn't want to ruin her reputation by going out with a dork like him. Needless to say, he was heartbroken. I helped him through it as best I could, and for the past year, I've been confused.

As I started to get to know him better, I started to develop feelings for him, in a confusing way where one moment I didn't think I did, one moment I thought I knew I did. For the past year or so, we were flirty-type friends, at least I thought so. Everyone thought so, really. A couple days ago, one of my other friends asked if I wanted to go out with him, maybe just like a summer thing. I said I didn't really know, considering I'm not going to be around them for most of the summer, really.

A little while after, "James" announced that the girl who broke his heart, who all year had told him that she couldn't be friends with him because he liked her, was his girlfriend. As stupid as it sounds, he did the "changed relationship" thing on Facebook, and she has done nothing to refute this, so I assume she is, indeed, going out with him.

My two concerns are as follows:

1. I'm worried about him. Last year, she told him she really liked him and went out with him before the dramatic dumping. I don't want that to happen to him again, but I haven't said anything to him yet, because I wanted some extra opinions, just to make sure I'm not just being...well, the jealous crazy girl. I think I am quite biased on this, considering today I was talking to one of our other friends about it and she said something along the lines of that he got himself into this and it's his own fault if she dumps him again. I got mad and told her nobody deserved that, and she argued that he did it to himself, so I sorta got angrier and hung up.
2. I ended up agreeing to go out with that other guy, we'll call him "Jerry". So, now Jerry is being....way too weird. I'm pretending I lost my phone right now because I wanted to have maybe an hour to read or something without having to text him and call him and be a peppy person. I do somewhat like Jerry; he's been a good friend, as well, and I do like him in that way to a certain extent...it's just that James is still on my mind. And I'm starting to wonder if I subconsciously am using Jerry to get James jealous...

I do like Jerry, just not as much as James, and I am concerned that the, er, evil witchy girl mention above will hurt James.

I want to know: Should I politely tell Jerry that I just want to be friends? Should I tell James about my concerns? Should I do absolutely nothing?
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:52 am

wow,sorry for your mom.OK if you want to tell Jerry that you 2 are just friends, be careful not to do it like that ...,ahem girl,I'm sure that she will do that again to James(thouse kind of girls ussualy do that)so try to be there for your friend,to console him,a really good friend like him deservs a better girl,if you wan'na do something you don't need to telll,but to show,good luck

Wyscol

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Taeaomo

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:48 am

Oh my. That sounds like a lot.

I do think that you should tell Jerry that you just want to be friends and that while something may happen in the future, he shouldn't get his hopes up to high (If he likes you).

You should talk to James about your concerns. If he does nothing about your concerns, though depending, try slowly get over him or perhaps just stay friends but wait and see what happens?
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games