Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
need critque

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miaaa - kun

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:59 pm
So I haven't really drawn in a while, and now I have to do this thing for school, and I really hate everything about this drawing, and I was wandering if you guys could give me some advice on how to make it better, especially for her legs, since they're pretty much non-existent D;
tadaa

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:49 pm
I'm really liking the style you have though it doesn't look like an intentional style choice.

Now onto the critique! biggrin First thing I noticed is that the arm with the skin is rather small and skinny, as well as the hand. For reference the hand is supposed to be long enough to cover the face.

I'm also liking the dress. But I must stress that you need to add the legs. You need to step out of you're comfort zone in order to advance in your skills. Find a reference for the legs or (if you can) someone to pose for you, would be best. But you can't learn if you don't try.

I also suggest looking at pictures of the skeleton. The face for one, has quite a bit of form to it. It's not at all flat (and the jaw bone doesn't connect where you have it.

Overall it's pleasurable but it needs a little tweaking. You should update us so the piece can grow even more. xd  

zathraya

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff