poll
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Metalpic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:09 am
hi im a noob drummer stressed , i was wondering if anybody knows what F means in drum tab plz help me.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:01 pm
Drum tabs are evil! Learn notation! It's easier to read and more precise! ... then again, if you're playing other people's music, you're probably listening to the song you're trying to play... and nobody who writes tabs for their songs know notation... so... if you want to know what that F in drum tabs mean, try to listen to what the drummer is doing, and translate it as to what that F means. Sorry I can't help you out.  

Piercing_Light

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:42 pm
>< I have no idea how to read drum tab. In fact, I have pretty much no idea how to read any drum music. O.o; But I play drums in band class.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:13 pm
I reccommend going for notation. And if you're getting your tabs off the internet - be weary - most are very unaccurate. I say go out and buy a book smile if you're just learning and don't want to learn a specific song - I reccommen "The Drummer's Cook Book" it's what i've been learning out of and it really helps you master 16th notes and such.  

canadian_treefrog

Metalpic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:45 pm
Piercing_Light
Drum tabs are evil! Learn notation! It's easier to read and more precise! ... then again, if you're playing other people's music, you're probably listening to the song you're trying to play... and nobody who writes tabs for their songs know notation... so... if you want to know what that F in drum tabs mean, try to listen to what the drummer is doing, and translate it as to what that F means. Sorry I can't help you out.
Thats ok, ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:46 pm
Mel_Darkflame
>< I have no idea how to read drum tab. In fact, I have pretty much no idea how to read any drum music. O.o; But I play drums in band class.
oki, well its not that hard. Can u read drum notes?  

Metalpic

Metalpic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:47 pm
canadian_treefrog
I reccommend going for notation. And if you're getting your tabs off the internet - be weary - most are very unaccurate. I say go out and buy a book smile if you're just learning and don't want to learn a specific song - I reccommen "The Drummer's Cook Book" it's what i've been learning out of and it really helps you master 16th notes and such.
i have a book like that but then its drum notes not tab  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:31 pm
Metalpic
Mel_Darkflame
oki, well its not that hard. Can u read drum notes?

^^; nope sweatdrop  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

Saurencaerthai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:18 pm
Don't waste time with TAB's. They're confusing and often inacurate. You're much better off learning notation and working with that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:58 pm
Saurencaerthai
Don't waste time with TAB's. They're confusing and often inacurate. You're much better off learning notation and working with that.
k  

Metalpic

bonkiep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:41 pm
Drumming is awesome. I suck at it but it;s still awesome! sweatdrop But, I agree, just learn the notations....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:28 pm
i am also a noob drummer, my teacher is my best friend whoz been playing for like, gee, 4 or 5 years, or more, maybe, and i dunno what tabs or notation are, but this is all very helpful

maybe sweatdrop hah

i guess i'd say go wit notation cuz it sounds like tabs suck, lol.  

Raharu Ninamori

googleybear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:41 pm
learn how to read music instead of tabs.... it will make learning things like 79234793479237 easier.....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:30 pm
Man, I wish I had a drummer for my band. Anyway...Notes=good.  

AtomicAnalog

Drum_Master_T

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:35 pm
Ok, first things first... TABS suck! However, if you are desperate or just come upon one heres a somewhat accurate key...

f=flam, g=ghost note(quiet), o=normal hit, O=heavy hit,
d=double stroke, r=rimshot, s (or x sometimes)=side stick  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces