Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Manga or Anime? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shira-01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:01 pm
Ok I love anime but lately I tend to buy Manga more because it's cheaper. I dont like spending 30 dollar for hour and a half for of anime when I could spend 8 dollars for a manga!

I know I could buy anime on the internet for cheaper but then I have to wait for it... and if you buy anime from Hong Kong it says 2 to 3 weeks but it can take 4 to 5 weeks crying

Which do you like better? What are your favorite? and why?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:16 pm
I buy manga at adverage around $5 and anime at $10... no problems here. I like manga over anime most of the time due to greater details in ther manga but there are cases where the anime is better then the manga like Hunter x Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, ect.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

violet faerie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:27 pm
I actually like both, though i tend to have a certain policy...

And usually its cheaper to buy anime in series, then single volumes, I learned that the harder...but anyway =33

I'm one of those sales addicts, or the $8.99 though i tend to have more $9.99 for some reason@@....bought anime series ranges from $40-100 bucks =D

If i find out about the manga series, first, I tend to read it, and obviously enjoy it...but if it turns into an anime...I have a hard time adjusting to it and vice versa...

So whichever I read first I tend to stick with that =D Or else, suffer the consequences of that old saying "Books usually are more detailed and better than movies" whee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:33 am
I'd get the manga first then buy the dvds. In the animes the people tend to make fillers and also skip some vital parts of the storyline to keep things interesting or something to that. Also I'd like to see the original drawer's work for myself.  

Heavyblade504

Sakurami-San

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:39 pm
Buy the Manga, Hunt for the anime, and Make a big collection of them :3 I like both. But my monthly subcription to Shonen Jump takes care of the Manga shopping ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:21 pm
Manga or Anime it doesn't matter. I Like both equally.. there are certain series that are completely different from their counter parts such as DNAngel and Hellsing. So either way I enjoy both.  

Raelin Li

MidnightDec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:32 pm
manga is so much better than anime!! first of all their drawing shows more detail and it goes more indept than the anime does. also the manga is the original  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:33 pm
I prefer anime but I buy manga because it is just as good (sort of).  

Megaman_X2

the_Rose_s_Thorns_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:32 am
I like the manga more because it helps me with my drawing. Pausing a dvd just to see how they did something I think is a little stupid. But sometimes I buy the anime just because I like something to entertain me, as bad as that sounds, it's true. Unfortunately, I can't get either whenever I please because a struggling artist like me needs a better income. Plus there's my second job, but that's at a coffee shop.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:03 pm
Man, I like pretty much anything I can get my hands on, y'know? Anime, manga, both. But when it comes to Trigun, I just have to have both. I think I liked the manga better for that one, though. mrgreen  

Klara_Dragonblood

MEMORiESx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:28 pm
i like manga better because it provides more detail. plus anime tends to cost much more, while manga averages $8-10.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:23 pm
I always buy anime first, then the manga of that series. Ironically, I buy the anime first because the mangas are usually better than their anime adaptations. I always hear people bash good anime because they were let down by the manga, well this way you watch and like the anime then you buy the manga and it blows you away even more. wink  

sprrs

Aquajade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:22 am
i prefer both anime and manga, but i mostly read than watch the stuff, even though i love the anime i enjoy reading it also, cuz you get to use you imagination and creativity and try to figure out what will happen on the next page or later in the volume or in the series in general..... yeah i probably rammbling on and on and on.... but you have to admit...... it is cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:15 pm
I don't buy anime! I buy manga! I just watch anime on the tv but it is kind of hard if you like a series and it goes off the air and you don't have all the manga to see some of your fave episodes! sad  

genius_alchemist

Rayne Hogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:27 pm
I normally watch anime but I like to read the mangas too.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff