Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Am I Fluffy? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:56 pm
What reasons qualify a person as fluffy?
Am I a pagan? am I a fluffy bunny pagan?

I admit I'm not Wicca and I will not consider myself Wicca unless I joined a coven that ever considered it self Wicca and followed gardeners belief system.

So now I just consider my religion as paganism.
I believe their is a balance to the universe.
I believe their is a a divine and that everything is sacred because it is part of the universe that contains balance.
That the god and goddess are representations of the feminine and masculine sides of the all, that together they are everything (that means all gods and goddess to) and have influence over the balance of everything. Because they contain the power and energy that people have given them positive and negative by believing in them and/or worshiping them.

The triple goddess to me is yet another division of the goddess. And that her representing the spiritual and the god the material is another form of division that I normally don't find expressed except when people are celebrating the pagan holidays (where I live anyway). They describe the goddess as mother and lover of the god at different times in the seasons and the earths cycle. Since paganism or Wiccanism is considered a fertility religion to some including me I believe this division is perfectly normal and natural but I know everyone doesn't.

I don't follow any individual sect of deities or gods and goddess because I believe that they are all part of the god and goddess I worship as a whole (all gods and goddess are part of the all). And their for I am not predigest toward any other religions because I believe they are on their own path on their way in life and make what they want out of their religion I know this might seem arrogant to some believing that everyone in part worship the all I pray to but I do. By showing my appreciation toward the god and goddess with pray, rituals and chants etc. I show appreciation toward the balance and what I have or don't have and sometimes ask the god or goddess or both to share the wealth or tip the balance of my life in my favor.

I know their is bad and good in the everything and their for bad and good in the goddess and god just like their is in me.
I believe that their is enough good and bad to go around to everyone so when I ask them to tip the scale I am not taking good from others but I am taking extra good from those that have it and don't need it and I specify this clearly in ritual, spells etc.

I believe that I could just as easily ask for bad as good and that some people do. I believe that good and bad is a gray area so you should be very careful what you ask for because you might just get it and that you could if you asked for it tip the scale so that extra bad from others would go onto yourself or that bad be passed on to another. And that you just have to make the decision that you want to do good instead of bad if that is what you want from life.

I follow and celebrate the pagan holidays to celebrate the seasons and changing of the phases of the earth.
I know the god and goddess are not going to give me everything I ask for or in the way I might expect.
And I believe in reincarnation.

Does this make any sense?

I'm kind of new to this.....
I know that others believe differently and still consider themselves pagan or Wiccan which is fine with me. I have my own standers for what I consider wicca and pagan. To each their
own.

But the question here is am I fluffy and what considers a person fluffy?
All so I'm just curious who here would even consider myself pagan or not basically on their standers?

Thanks for Reading all of this if you did lol

Side-note: I decided not to get into what I think about other live in the universe's division and representation of the all.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:12 pm
What do you think makes someone a "fluffy"?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:15 pm
Brass Bell Doll
What do you think makes someone a "fluffy"?
I'm not sure.....I heard that it is someone that believes their is only good in the world but I have heard other people call it something else....so I'm not sure.....maybe a pagan noob or someone who just doesn't want to listen to the way other people do things who knows.....  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:51 pm
Quote:
I admit I'm not Wicca and I will not consider myself Wicca unless I joined a coven that ever considered it self Wicca and followed gardeners belief system.

What makes you think this?  

aoijea23487

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:17 am
This guild seems to define Fluffy as "willful ignorance". It stands to reason then that no single belief in and of itself would make someone a fluffy, but instead the way a person approaches challenges to those beliefs could demonstrate willful ignorance.

Does that make sense?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:16 am
I believe that me and you have similar belief systems.

I ask myself the same question a lot. redface I think I'm paranoid because of the hostility I see toward the "fluffy" people and authors on some pagan forums (not this one, actual pagan websites that I go to).  

a-little-piggy

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 am
Illiezeulette
Quote:

What makes you think this?

I kind of feel like being wiccan is still being a pagan but I different type of pagan then I am now and that I have not gone throw any process to qualify for the title or to consider myself that kind of pagan. I know some people might think differently.
Anyway what is your point of view on it?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:31 am
Brass Bell Doll
This guild seems to define Fluffy as "willful ignorance". It stands to reason then that no single belief in and of itself would make someone a fluffy, but instead the way a person approaches challenges to those beliefs could demonstrate willful ignorance.

Does that make sense?

Yes  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:37 am
Could you explain what you mean when you use the word balance?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:51 am
I have similar beliefs to yours. I also share the fear of being a fluff.

I think Fluff means someone who is not willing to change their ideas when they're clearly proven wrong (A prime example is calling yourself Wiccan without proper qualificatinos) The people who plug their ears and say "Nyah nyah nyah! I'm not listening!"

As long as you're willing to do proper research and be open to those who try to correct you when you're wrong as well as being willing to change when proven wrong then you're in the clear.  

CilverCyanide

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:05 am
Brass Bell Doll
Could you explain what you mean when you use the word balance?
I think the world has balance and by balance I mean a combination on Karma and things unseen that keep it all together and balance everything out. I just have seen representation of this in my life example: Bad might have happened to me in the past but now good is happening to me so its evened out I do good so eventually good happens to me. It hard to explain and it might just be wishful thinking but things in my life have just seemed to work out that way.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:16 am
Musical_Vampire_Socks
I think the world has balance and by balance I mean a combination on Karma and things unseen that keep it all together and balance everything out. I just have seen representation of this in my life example: Bad might have happened to me in the past but now good is happening to me so its evened out I do good so eventually good happens to me. It hard to explain and it might just be wishful thinking but things in my life have just seemed to work out that way.

What if good has happened to you in the past, and rather than evening out with bad, you're getting even more good?

Edit: I'm still confused though. How do you feel Karma relates to these other "unseen" things? Could you describe what these things are? How they work?

What I am picturing based on what you are saying is something like a number of counters- some that represent good things and some that represent bad things, and no matter what happens over the course of your lives, you will have an even number of each.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:19 am
Brass Bell Doll
Musical_Vampire_Socks

What if good has happened to you in the past, and rather than evening out with bad, you're getting even more good?

Eventually you will get some bad it can be small or big but it will happen eventually I just consider that the way the world works but like I said it could be wishful thinking lol
What is your view on balance?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:23 am
Brass Bell Doll
Musical_Vampire_Socks

Edit: I'm still confused though. How do you feel Karma relates to these other "unseen" things? Could you describe what these things are? How they work?

What I am picturing based on what you are saying is something like a number of counters- some that represent good things and some that represent bad things, and no matter what happens over the course of your lives, you will have an even number of each.

I don't think I have the mental capacity to develop a theory as to how the whole world works so I can only guess from personal experience so their are going to be things I don't know about the world that are "unseen and unknown".  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:27 am
Musical_Vampire_Socks

Eventually you will get some bad it can be small or big but it will happen eventually I just consider that the way the world works but like I said it could be wishful thinking lol
Using my pebble metaphor above, if you get a very large good pebble, and a very small bad pebble, would that be balance?

Musical_Vampire_Socks
What is your view on balance?
I feel balance is the stability over an axis when force is applied.

Please understand, I do not intend to sound snarky. My faith doesn't conceptualize it in mystical terms. If you can remain "up right", then you are balanced.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff