Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
But You Have a Girlfriend...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hersheydudette

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:55 pm
Hi. =) So I have a problem with a guy liking me. Basically, I'm pretty sure he liked me a while ago (he kept going on about how he was going to tell me something after he took me to a movie he knew I wanted to see), but then he got a (freshman) girlfriend (we're seniors) and kind of ignored me for a while. Like, not ignored, but just didn't call me to talk like he did before. Then we went to prom (as friends), and now I think he likes me again. (My friend says YES, HE DOES.) He keeps saying he had an awesome time at prom and that he's really glad he went with me, that he voted me for best smile, and he actually said I complete him. (I was like... that has some pretty serious implications. And he just said, "I know." And then something interrupted us.)

I do NOT like him as more than a friend, nor do I think I ever will. But I really suck at being mean to people. Like I can't just ignore him or his calls (I have been trying to cut them shorter and bring up his girlfriend lately), and he is a good friend. I just don't want to be in a relationship with him. And he's supposed to have a freshman girlfriend, and while I don't think that'll go very far, I don't want to take anything away from her. And I don't understand why he's insinuating that he likes me when he's supposed to be with her. I've also talked to one of my friends who has band with him, and she said she's agreed when he says that he doesn't have a chance with me. But she also said he looks like a sad little puppy when she says this, so she isn't having success with telling him to back off or something like that.

Help/Discuss? Ever been in the same situation? How'd you handle it? Sorry my post's so long. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:14 am
Next time he says something with implications, I recommend asking him to focus on the girl he's with.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Teal Heart

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 pm

He's probably dating that freshman girl to make you jealous,
or to get your attention, or something. They do that.

Also, I think the solution is obvious. Make it clear you don't think of him that way. Don't go out with him out of pity, because then you, him, and the freshman will all just end up being unhappy, and it solves nothing. Being honest with him isn't going to make you a b***h, it just shows that you're real. Simply say, "I just want to be friends".

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:33 pm
Thanks for the input, guys... or girls. =P I especially didn't think of him just dating her to make me jealous, but it would explain a lot if it were in fact true. Thanks. =)  

Hersheydudette

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff