Submit

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:19 am
I'm glad I have a lot of Dolphins in stock. I check the price on the marketplace almost every day. 400,000k is way too much to pay for a Dolphin. People who buy them at that price only add to the inflation problem. I'll put my fish in Barrett's tank if it's ever necessary before I'll pay that much on the marketplace. I originally filled my tanks with fish bought from Phin Phang, but haven't had to use real money to buy fish for quite some time.

Please don't purchase Dolphins from the marketplace until the price comes down. I've purchased most of mine for less than 250k.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:23 am
I'm GailAnne Munchkin's mule. This tank has Dolphins in reserve too, but they aren't going to last forever. Let's hope the price comes down!  

Bluebelle Babe
Crew

Conservative Member

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

j3sst3r666
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:26 am
Eeeek! 400,000k??? That's awful!  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:49 am
Today, Saturday, May 1, the price is 375k. At least it's going down. I still won't buy them at that price!  

Dusty Golightly

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200

X-BILLIONdollarAZZ-X
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:17 pm
thanks so much 4 the info..hugz heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:12 pm
So much for the price going down now they are going to sky-rocket!  

GreenCatHat
Crew

anjechan

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:24 pm
Does anyone know why the price has skyrocketed? When I last checked, it was at 660,000 gold. sad  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:04 pm
It's because Gaia retired dolphins. The price is crazy now.  

DizzyTee

Hygienic Lunatic

Reve Casse

Reve Casse

Crew

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:06 am
The price may skyrocket but it makes them useless to buy at such a high price. You will never make your investment back.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:14 am
Agreed. There are other fish that give out just as much gold. With my lawnsharks on a good glow I get about 20k. Since they glow about 5-6 times a day thats over 100k. I've only had mine for about a week and have had some sucky glow days I already have 450.5k from it.  

kinkykitty89
Crew

Ruthless Elder

15,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MissKayasha

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:30 am
Yep Dolphins and turtles was one of the fishes that left Phing Phang. So whatever, is circulating is whatever is left--hence the increase of prices.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:51 am
I thought the marketplace price for Dolphins was ridiculous when I first wrote this post. The price is far higher now! Good grief!

Since Dolphins are no longer in Phin Phang, they'll probably be a collectors item now. The prices may never go down and if they do it will probably be a long time from now, unless Gaia change their minds and puts them back - which is highly unlikely.

They said they were only getting rid of the old fish and Dolphins were a pretty new fish, so it doesn't make any sense whatsoever!  

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

GreenCatHat
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:55 am
GailAnne Munchkin
I thought the marketplace price for Dolphins was ridiculous when I first wrote this post. The price is far higher now! Good grief!

Since Dolphins are no longer in Phin Phang, they'll probably be a collectors item now. The prices may never go down and if they do it will probably be a long time from now, unless Gaia change their minds and puts them back - which is highly unlikely.

They said they were only getting rid of the old fish and Dolphins were a pretty new fish, so it doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

Everyone seems to think that gaia has done this to help with "inflation" but what people don't understand is that sure prices of some items are a little inflated but it is the rarity and age that made a lot of items cost a lot other than that the most inflated items are the aquarium/rig items. Plus why would gaia want inflation down?? It make people that want gold buy gaia cash for things like the rigs so they can flip them in the MP and gaia knows they do that or rigs would have been soulbound items until you played them. sad I just find it all pretty disgusting really esp with dolphins up so high no one really uses their tank just for decoration so why spend all that gold when you most likely won't make it back.  
GAIA ISSUES ONLY

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games