Twilight?
  Yes
  No
  What the stars? I see them every night
View Results

burning_sakura

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:20 am
Has anyone read this book?

I've read about half but stopped because i got freaked out; And thats that the book isn't even freaky. hmp.?

has anyone read the whole thing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:08 am
Never heard of it. Who's it by? What's it about? What freaked you out?  

NightIntent
Captain

burning_sakura

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:27 pm
Twilight was written by Stephenie Meyer. It is a fantasy involving vampires and wolfs. Bella, the main character, moves in with her dad who lives in a different city. She falls for a Edward, a beautiful boy who is, to say the least, different. the story goes on from there...

now what freaked me out?.... i am not exactly sure... but somehow I just got too scared to finish it. hmmp ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:44 pm
Huh. Sounds interesting. It'll go on my to-get list. Though I have rather a lot of books to get at the moment. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

burning_sakura

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:44 am
I know what you mean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:51 am
I find this interesting. I was on amazon.com last night, going through my recommendations, and it had Twilight as one of them. I was like, "Huh. That sounds familiar...." So I left it there,instead of clicking "No interested." Now I know why it sounded familiar! n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:26 pm
I looked for this book in the bookstore today, but I couldn't find it. And I wanted to see it, too. Oh, well, I'll look next time. I couldn't find most of the books I want.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:50 pm
I've read it all - actually, I'm re-reading it again right now. biggrin

burning_sakura has it almost right - no wolves though, my dear.

She falls in love with Edward, who happens to be a Vampire, but despite all the things he tells her, she isn't remotely afraid. She's actually intrigued. He loves her and she loves him, but he has to fight to resist the urge to kill her, because he was first attracted to her smell.

It isn't all that scary... maybe a little at the end, when she's being hunted, but it's more just a beautiful story about beating the odds over obstacles. It's truly amazing and she has two more books coming out, which follows the story.

I highly recommend it, because you can resist a sexy, sparkling Vampire who owns an GREAT car and runs faster then superman? No one. lol  

Alyah

Renegade Jarlaxle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:55 pm
wow...i think im gonna have to go out and buy this book...it sounds really good!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:55 pm
Alyah
I've read it all - actually, I'm re-reading it again right now. biggrin

burning_sakura has it almost right - no wolves though, my dear.

She falls in love with Edward, who happens to be a Vampire, but despite all the things he tells her, she isn't remotely afraid. She's actually intrigued. He loves her and she loves him, but he has to fight to resist the urge to kill her, because he was first attracted to her smell.

It isn't all that scary... maybe a little at the end, when she's being hunted, but it's more just a beautiful story about beating the odds over obstacles. It's truly amazing and she has two more books coming out, which follows the story.

I highly recommend it, because you can resist a sexy, sparkling Vampire who owns an GREAT car and runs faster then superman? No one. lol

The reason she isn't afraid of him is because she has no sense of self-preservation. Even when the tracker was after her and beating her up, she was only concerned with Edward not getting hurt! Really! But it isn't scary. My friend and I both loved it so much... Really good.
He is also god-like and has very sexy lines. (You can bite me anytime, Edward...)  

Argetlam092

icarusx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:43 pm
Twilight is definitely one of my favorite books... ever. I want an Edward. A lot. Yum.

If you go to Stephenie Meyer's website, she has tons of extra information on the characters, and parts that were taken out of the book. The lexicon is amazing, too.

The next book comes out in October- so exciting!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:42 pm
My friend recommended it to me. I am planning to start this book very soon. 3nodding She didn't say anything about being freaked out, but she always lets me find out these things on my own. I have heard a lot of people saying this, just nobody I know personally.  

Ziporae

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:23 pm
I'm gonna borrow my friend's copy of it when she finishes it. n.n Which means I'll be in the middle of like 4 books at once.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:41 pm
Alyah

omg thank god there is a sequel!!!! i just finished reading it and...WOW!! such an amazing book!!! when you say follow you mean a sequel right? i couldnt put the book down and now that its over!!!! gonk  

Renegade Jarlaxle

twilight92

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:34 pm
OMG!!!! IM OBSESSED WITH THIS BOOOOOOOK!!!!! HOW CAN IT NOT BE UR FAVORITE BOOK IN THE WORLD????? I CANT WAIT FOR THE SECOND ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im srry, but i love this book so much. lol  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces