Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Weight Watchers formula

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aourai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:19 pm
I've been on Weight Watchers before, and I started again not that long ago. Along with low-impact exercise I've already lost like two inches.

Soooo I wanted to share the BASIC Weight Watchers formula for points.

depending on your weight you get a certain number of points each day. I technically get 27, but I'm only allowing 25. This is so I don't max out my bonus points, which you get 15 of a week.

So the formula is:

50cal=1pt
3g fat= 1pt
2g of fiber= -1pt However this is where it gets a little tricky because you get -1pt for 1g fiber, then every other up to -4pts. So 1,3,5,7, always rounding down.

So if you have a King Size hershey bar (its sitting here, because my boyfriend is SKINNY and can eat these things) it would be:

370cal, 22gfat, 2g fib

Calculating using the WW formula that is 7.5pts+7.5pts-1pt 14pts.

A serving of low fat Triscuit

120cal, 2.5g fat, 3g fib

That would be 1.5+1-2 or 1/2 pt, however always round up with points. I like to eat two servings of Triscuit with meals sometimes as my carb.

When I did Weight Watchers in New York, had a lot of friends on it, and walked a lot more I lost 60+lbs. I gained it all back though. So I really hope I can keep it up this time and get it all back off.

Remember though, if you're losing more than 4lbs a week (After the first month. Usually you lose more the first month) you need to give yourself two more points daily. It isn't healthy to lose more than 4lbs per week once you're on an established plan, unless you are extremely overweight. Then I think the max that is healthy is 6lbs/week.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:29 am
Wait, I thought twelve grams of fat was one point? Was I wrong?  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:57 am
12 grams of fat is a lot of fat... I think 3 is probably closer to the truth.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm
godblessedthebrokenroad
Wait, I thought twelve grams of fat was one point? Was I wrong?

12 grams of fat one point? Oh nonononono. That's way too much.  

Aourai

Aourai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:06 pm
It seems in recent years, the grams of fat anf fiber have changed. The formula I use is the one I gave, and I've had success with it. However it seems you need more grams of fat to get one point, but also need more grams of fiber to subtract a point. The new formula is 12g fat=1pt but 5g fiber= -1pt  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:23 pm
The formula sounds about right, though I'm lazy and use a points finder or go online.
Here are some links you might find useful:
How many points you get per day
Calculate points in a food
You also get additional points for exercising, but I haven't found a link for that yet (I don't eat exercise points).  

Euthanasia Phase

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:33 am

Does anyone currently use weight watchers and go to meetings? I'm looking for more information, because their website is so lacking info. I don't really want to go to a free meeting and accidentally get looped into something I don't wanna do.

I guess what i'm looking for is the cost for both meetings and any tools needed. And I know they sell that $100 package to count calories, but do the sell like the points calculators and such individually? I couldn't find them any where on their website.

Just any general info would be good too. Thanks!

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games