Submit

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:11 pm
So this guy that I am somewhat friends with likes me. It's painfully obvious, and he has told one of my friends (but told her not to tell me...). I am really not interested in him that way at all.
At school he always comes up to me and puts his arm around me and hugs me. I don't want to be really mean, because that's just the way I am, so I usually just walk away without saying anything to him.
I've been trying to stay away from him and not talk to him or anything, but he doesn't change.

I think my only option is to talk about it with him and be like: "look I don't like you I like someone else" but I don't want to be mean, and the only way I can think of to start that conversation would make it seem like I am leading him on.....

any advice here girls?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:35 pm
Hmmmm. Maybe you could try to find someone else for him. You could say you and so-and-so have so much in common you guys should go out or whatever. This way he knows that you aren't looking to go out with him. Hopefully, he gets the hint though sometimes guys don't understand hints stare  

Giavanna Lee

archonna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:28 am
that's just because guys are wired differently. try asking him why he's putting his arm around you all the time?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:19 am
Tell him nice and smoothly and lovingly..That..you like someone else..and..you could be bestfriends smile  

xjewiex

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:38 am
Not saying a definite "no" is like saying "Sure."
I learned that the hard way in high school. It ruined prom for me completely.
You really should say something about the hugging, but in a polite way. Perhaps when he touches you in that manner, just gently pull away and start with something like "I'm sorry, but I just don't like you like this."
Be sure not to let your tone of voice be too accusing or harsh, it's easy for that to happen if you're nervous. >.<

Good luck. There's no way to do this without hurting him even a little bit, but people are resilient, he'll spring back.
Just think of it this way, the farther it progresses, the more it will hurt, so it's best to get it out of the way sooner than later.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 am
Tell him you value your friendship and you want to stay friends for a long time. Then tell him that you feel uncomfortable when he hugs you and you'd like him to stop.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff