Submit

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:05 pm
I hope this is the right place for this topic... xp
Anyway, I'm having a 17th birthday party (my brother and I, actually, since we're twins, but I'm the one planning it) and, of course, I'd like it to have a Gothic theme to it. I can think of all sorts of great ideas, but unfortunately, most of the guests aren't gothic at all, or only borderline the "genre" (a.k.a. mallgoth-ish people). stressed What are some games/activities or ideas that I could have at the party that would be goth-related, but wouldn't confuse the hell out of the guests? (I was thinking, like, one of those games where you have a name on your back and have to guess who it is, and instead of the usual celebrities, I would use people well-known in goth culture, but my guests are gonna be too baffled...) I'm just not sure what to do.
Anywho, any ideas would be most welcome! biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am
question: have you asked your brother about the idea of a gothic themed party? i mean, its his party too.... might just make sure that he is okay with it.

anyway, i would maybe make people show up in a gothic outfit (or just black close. Maybe you can provide the makeup for them ? biggrin ) and decorate the diner table (i assume you are going to eat something) with old looking candle sticks (maybe you can borrow some ? ), and black napkins for example. And just.... yeah, go over the top with it. Make it as tacky as possible, so it doesn't seems too serious. Family Adams style (maybe that could be your theme ?).

For the idea, of famous goth people's names on your back, i don't think it would work that well. As you say, many of the quest's aren't goth's so having them explain who Pete Murphy or Rozz Williams is to another one, would maybe be kinda hard, since the might not know who they are. Don't get me wrong, gothic themed games does sound like a good idea. Just not this one in particular.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 pm
doom1000
question: have you asked your brother about the idea of a gothic themed party? i mean, its his party too.... might just make sure that he is okay with it.

anyway, i would maybe make people show up in a gothic outfit (or just black close. Maybe you can provide the makeup for them ? biggrin ) and decorate the diner table (i assume you are going to eat something) with old looking candle sticks (maybe you can borrow some ? ), and black napkins for example. And just.... yeah, go over the top with it. Make it as tacky as possible, so it doesn't seems too serious. Family Adams style (maybe that could be your theme ?).

For the idea, of famous goth people's names on your back, i don't think it would work that well. As you say, many of the quest's aren't goth's so having them explain who Pete Murphy or Rozz Williams is to another one, would maybe be kinda hard, since the might not know who they are. Don't get me wrong, gothic themed games does sound like a good idea. Just not this one in particular.

Oh yeah, my brother's goth too, so it's all good. And he's lazy, so he'll let me do whatever. wink
Good idea! I do have TONS of Halloween decor - creepy realistic-looking crows and vultures, human-cast skulls, candelabras, etc...I could set that stuff out. Tacky sounds good!
And yeah, I agree. Thanks for the advice!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 am
you can actually use that game you wanted but use gothic/dark charachters from like TV and movies, use characters like beetlejuice, the crow, edward scissor hands ect.
you could also whip out the ouiji board and play with that.  

Milo-Bveyele

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:10 pm
Milo-Bveyele
you can actually use that game you wanted but use gothic/dark charachters from like TV and movies, use characters like beetlejuice, the crow, edward scissor hands ect.

Because that's not stereotypical at all. rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 am
Whisper Gently
Milo-Bveyele

Stereotypical, but who says they can't be fun?  

SADERR

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 am
Whisper Gently
Milo-Bveyele

oh yeah, and make it as stereotypical as possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:12 pm
Milo-Bveyele

Hm, that is a good idea! I was originally thinking I would just use "gothy items" like coffins, skulls, zombies, graveyards, etc. but I thought that it just kinda lost its fun that way.  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Milo-Bveyele

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:49 am
Whisper gently, Jonathonn and doom1000

the idea is that it be stereotypical and tacky. sorry if i failed to mention it but it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, so i didn't think i needed to restate a good idea. my apologies. normally I'm very against the thought of perpetuating the goth stereotypes but it would make for a great lighthearted party.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:28 am
I want to give input, but OP failed to say when this party was taking place; therefore, I don't know if I'm too late.  

MortSanglant

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:54 am
My friend had a gothic luau party one year actually....that was awesome.
Basically the cake was "goth" style and then we watched some "goth-y" movies in her backyard. You could have a cupcake decoration station and have black, white and grey frosting and have people do what they will with their own cupcakes instead of a cake.
Why do you need games? How old are you?  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff