Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
INSANITY

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GidgetGEARZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 am
Insanity is said to be "the hardest workout ever put on DVD".
It takes you through some extreme plyometrics and cardio.
It is a set of 10 DVDs [13, if you get the bonus ones] that is supposed to give you a years results in 60 days.

If any of you know what P90X is, it's a bit like that, only intense cardio-and you don't need any equitment at all, unlike P90X.

So, what I was wonder is this:
Has anyone here heard/tried it?
If so, did you get good results?

I tried to make this forum on LD, but no one answered me *realistically* D:<  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:24 pm
I havent tried it, but anything claiming to give you "a years results in 60 days" sounds a bit bogus to me  

Iconised Ghost

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:03 pm
It would work.
Just not so exaggerated like.

And you'd have to make sure that you don't start eating more calories because of the extreme calorie burning.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:56 am
Iconised Ghost
I havent tried it, but anything claiming to give you "a years results in 60 days" sounds a bit bogus to me

Well, I don't plan on looking like a body-builder or anything. I honestly think it will give me some amazing results, however.
I mean, I know it sounds kind of unrealistic, but you should really see the people on there and hear what they said about it.

Personal trainers were having a hellacious time. People who have competed in triathlons for many, many years.
It's supposedly "A workout from hell"

Nonetheless, I am looking for a more reasonable price on ebay-since ordering directly is about $120ish  

GidgetGEARZ

Gossy

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 pm
honestly I think it is overpriced. Just set aside time each day to do cardio and look up youtube videos. If you are committed and push yourself then the results should be the same.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:11 am
Unfortunately I agree with Gossy.

I borrowed (read: burned) P90 & P90X from a friend and never used it. I don't have the motivation to push myself that hard with no prior exercise.

If you have the time and diligence to do it, then start out by doing cardio + youtube on your own. If other trainers asking for less can't keep your focus for a week, a guy who is trying to KILL you certainly isn't.

Results may vary. You get out of a program ONLY what you put into it, so in theory, running at home, eating right, and doing the 8-minute (ABS/ARMS/LEGS/BUNS) series should give you the same results, if you do them diligently.

That's my two-cents. Of course, the program was made to be purchased by people so I'm not talking down about it, I'm just saying you could do the same for free, with the same results. (:

45 minutes of cardio, hard, like running, minimal downtime
pick something from the 8 minute series, do it twice

that's an hour every day. er, 61 minutes, same difference. (:  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games