Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
How can someone be so stupid? ._. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherrlock Holmes

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 am

You guys ever meet that person that just seems so god damn stupid you can't stand them?
They leave you speechless with their stupidity?

My mother is like that ._.
I don't know what to do sometimes.
Even when I try to educate her, she thinks I'M stupid!
She's so god damn stubborn its insane!

Today I was trying to tell her that us dropping the bomb on Hiroshima was wrong and she just kept saying "They did it first! They did it first!" And I was like "They dropped it on a base ._. we killed civilians."
She just kept doing that.

And its not just that ._.
It happens ALL THE TIME!

Geeze.
You guys know anyone like that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Perhaps you should give her the cold hard numbers of how many were killed in the Bombing of Pearl Harbor vs the Nukes.
Plus Military Base vs. City, hmm what would be a good example... they hit a rural town vs us hitting New York City?

I digress anyways...

Glad to say I do not know anyone like that currently. Though sometimes my younger brother gets like that, only because he doesn't want to admit he is wrong.

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm
Fear that which you dont understand.....

Some people just can't be told anything.

But no I don't know anybody like that. Thank god. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

....namely me.

~B of The ABC.....Crackbaby73~
Passive Mode
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageTwinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high, User Image

User Image
That happened with my mom once. The sound of one of my violin's strings was off, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I was sure that it was not the string. She kept nagging me to change the string, but I knew it wasn't that problem. Besides... if I couldn't change it properly, I would practice all off-tune for a week.

So she yelled and slammed the door and stuff, and when I went for my lesson, my teacher said it was an indent on the bridge that the string sunk into that made the sound off. Not the string. Sheesh.

User Image
User ImageLike a diamond in the sky,
Twinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!User Image

Meiazure

Sherrlock Holmes

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 am

@En: She still wouldn't listen. She's just that hardheaded.
She would still just say "They started it!"

@Crack: Lucky you lol

@Mei: God yes! You know what its like.
And it gets worse because I tell myself "Just keep your mouth shut. Just don't say anything" but then it gets so bad or she yells at me so much I just HAVE to!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 am
User Image

Perhaps something like... You broke my glasses, so I blew up your house, your fault since you started it.
That sounds like a good comparison. Though from what you say, I'd think she wouldn't get it still.

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Sherrlock Holmes

You guys ever meet that person that just seems so god damn stupid you can't stand them?
They leave you speechless with their stupidity?

Just about every person I know.

And... I think I have to put my opinion on the bombing thing. Our retaliation was right. Our full reaction... Was wrong. They bombed a military base. We turned two cities into radioactive craters. We were right for retaliating. We were wrong for using A-Bombs. Then again, America is famous for overwhelming force. We crush the opposition as quickly and ruthlessly as possible so they won't fight back, and then apologize for it later.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:24 pm

@Encarton: She really wouldn't. Like last night she wouldn't let me start laundry until they went to bed. We couldn't start laundry until 12AM. Then she bitched the next day that I didn't get up and go to school.

@Lord of Pest: I fully agree that America should have retaliated, but they killed soldiers. Some civilians, but mostly soldiers. America killed full out civilians. Women, children, babies. All of them. America should have attacked a base. With a regular bomb, not an A-Bomb.

Sherrlock Holmes

Beloved Genius

Emo_Like_A_Dinosaur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:49 pm
User Image
Cheer up and dry your damp eyes and tell me when it rains

.+ We should make this an official Stupidest People in the World thread. :'D

-Anyone in the Westboro Baptist Church.
-Anyone who believes in Scientology +.

And I'll blend up that rainbow above you and shoot it through your veins

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:29 pm
Well today while at a track meet my friend picked up some Oreos for me (I paid for them but he walked to Albertsons because my race was coming up) and while I was racing someone kept asking who's Oreos are those. It may not be stupidity but I hold this mindsset, "You're trying to take my goddamn Oreos, I don't even know you and I'm assuming that you're trying to take advantage of my kindness or steal my damn oreos." b***h be trying to steal my oreos D:<

On a totally related note http://notalwaysright.com/ Tilly showed me this once  

PyroTurtleZX

Meiazure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageTwinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high, User Image

User Image
You can just give the guy the Oreo package after you eat everything xD

User Image
User ImageLike a diamond in the sky,
Twinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm
I think I've scared people out of asking me for my food.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 pm
User Image

Hmm, I should have thought about linking that. Yep, Not Always Right is a great website. I have it set up as one of my feeds in Google reader. I think... I showed Tilly that actually.

Anyways, speaking of Google Reader... great thing to use if you want to get news n such from various websites but want to read it all in one place. I've got the New York Times Front Page News, BBC stuff, Reuters, and more going into it.

Nobody bothers me for my food usually. Probably because there isn't many scenarios where it would happen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 am
Fear that which you dont understand.....

People don't much bother me for my food either and usually when they do I just reply with a flat "Hell no" or "******** you" depending on who it is. Anybody I know has learned not to even ask because when we go out to eat I have a habit of eating everything that they leave on their plates so they know well that I want all my food and more.

....namely me.

~B of The ABC.....Crackbaby73~
Passive Mode
User Image
User Image

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Meiazure

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:47 pm