Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have (an) inner place(s)?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:16 pm
Meditation is used to calm the mind, spirit, and body. But, whenever you have meditated, have you created another world, and lived in it, even for one day?
I have once created a place that was a street, with abandoned apartments, a lake, and an alley, a library, a very creepy place. I would only go in it when I was stressed or sad. I don't use it much anymore.
I also almost accidentally I suppose, created a large forest, with a couple of animals, and a young girl named Cassyma. The animals that were included were: A raven and owl, a lion, a doe and two babie deer, and humans. Cassyma could transform into a large boar. There was also a dying skeletal black dragon, my animal.
I surprised my dad with the precise details of my meditations. He says that he can't do it like that.

Anyway, have you had interesting meditations? Ever created a place away from the real world?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:36 pm
Mediation and imagination go hand and hand. I do these things a lot when I'm just mellowing out. Like when I'm walking alone with my head set on or working on orders. I just pop my mind into a completely different time nd place.  

darkXmoon

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:53 am
I don't usually meditate. I daydream instead. If you could call it daydreaming that is. In my world, things are weird. It would be embarassing if some people could see what I think. I like to use my imagination to feel, hear, taste, see, or smell. Okay, maybe not the seeing or hearing part. Sometimes that applies though! This my friends is one of the reasons I am obsessed with my plushie! Okay, maybe not. Anyway, more on the subject. I'm describing two of the most common places. When I'm finished, I feel better and I can relax.

Whenever I feel depressed, I picture myself in a large room. The walls are silver and the floors are black. In fact, most of the furniture is black ninja . I'll be on my bedspread, which is black ninja . What will I be doing? I'll be crying my eyes out, because I don't cry a lot irl. I also don't like doing it infront of people o_o. When I'm sad, I usually have to recover alone so I like to cry alone. The lights will be on, usually, and someone usually ends up opening the door. My imagination gets carried away and then I'm okay. The end. o.o'

When I feel like screaming and s**t, I picture myself in a forest. I don't know where I'm going. I'm with my brother quarreling and then we end up going at it. It's cloudy and windy. Sometimes it's also a little cold. And he also doesn't have an annoying voice like he does irl. He looks better, has better taste, but is still my stupid little brother. This helps with my anger when I can't let it out any other way. Stupid people....don't they understand anymore?

During other times, I'm most likely bored and I need something to keep me entertained.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:17 pm
i tend to visualize my astral sanctuary through the eyes of my astral body when i meditate. i suppose you could say thats my inner place, where i am what i am meant to be: a dragon. i can fly there...so im happy. any how, my astral sanctuary is like a big dark greek temple, with pillars everywhere and it's slightly in ruin.  

DR490N

~:[I Heart Maury]:~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:35 pm
When I meditate my world is just simply a forest and I'm usually under an ash-tree in the moonlight. I also meditate because Im training myself into learning telekinesis.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:10 am
I have several meditative places...

One, I visualise a tree in front of me. I climb and climb, until I leave my body and enter the "astral forest". It's snowy there, fir trees and white ground; that's where my Totem lives. He's an Arctic Wolf - hence the snow. Often while I'm with him, I become th e wolf myself, and we hunt together, or sometimes just run around and howl at the moon - woot.

Two, I visualise myself in the green fields of my childhood, with the stream, and the sun, and this tends to be when I just want to open myself up to messages from any of my spirit guides. Very relaxing, very peaceful, whereas the first is a way to vent frustration, etc.

Another thing I do is crystal healing, which involves slipping into "alpha", and then visualising the crystal's energy being absorbed into your blood stream anbd travelling throughout your body to the problem area. That's a kind of meditation too, but I don't really leave the room so much then..  

Jasta

.gag[missile]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:23 pm
There's this one place I go...

Its a shallow (kneedeep) sea of purple water, since I cant swim. It spreads evenf further than the eye can see. The beach is lined with crystalline marbles, blue, but slightly purple from the water. White crumbling pillars rise out irregularly, in groups or alone. From a giant formation of pillars comes a 2D waterfall, but its falling up. The stream rising from the sea up to the top of the waterfall is only as wide (depth-wise) as my hand. It goes up really high in the sky in a series of backwards rapids before pooling in a giant castle in the sky. The castle is made of blue crystal and shines like the moon. It stands on a patch of land that looks like the uprooted turf of a weed. On the castle are musicians and masqueraders.

*sigh* I love that place. There's alwasy a part of my conscious mind I can't reach. I'm forever dreaming and stuck in that place.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:17 am
I love my meditation It is a relaxing world where I can run free. I visualize it as well, with the forests the animals. In my day dreams and meditations I am the leader of a wolf pack. But I have wings too. In my world I have respect from others and I am free to explore and do what I wish xD If only it was real, or maybe it is?  

[((Velociraptor))]

Lacinia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:43 am
Mm. I do meditate, but I just meditate (and way too rarely, may I say). I also consider myself as a some sort of buddhist pagan (is there such a thing? Well, anyway sweatdrop ) and I'm not really into that sort of decoration of your path. So I'd like to say a few words about creating fantasy worlds with meditation. I don't mean to accuse anybody or anything. So don't take this personally rolleyes

Mediation using visualisation might be effectful and powerful path of meditation, but it has its traps. Because, if you lose your awareness at it, concentrating only in those worlds your mind is creating for you, is it meditation at all? Also, I'm a little suspicious of using those images to take care of your depression, because meditation can be drug as well, if it's done wrong. And we all know drugs are only temporary solution to your problems. And what are the aftereffects... Of course, meditation can be used as a tool to cure it, to examine your problems, overcome those you can and accept those you can't. But you should do that with extreme caution. Human's mind is extremely subtle system, and messing around isn't going to do any good. I may quote Osho here (I have the book in Finnish, so I'm not sure if the translation is perfectly right, but I assume the point is clear):

"If you don't know what to do, don't do anything. The mind of a human is very subtle, complex and difficult to understand. If you don't know what to do, it is better to do nothing, because anything you do without knowing the subject, brings more problems than solves them."

"Methods can be dangerous, if one isn't aware with those. Otherwise they can be used as great tools. Can a boat be dangerous? Only if one intends to carry it on his shoulders for the rest of his life, only because of owing to it. One can use it, but then it must be left. Otherwise the boat is only a tool to get to the another side of the river. It can be used, but then it must be left, abandoned completely. One does not even have to glance it; there's no reason to that!"

The latter is actually one of Buddha's tales, explanation of it.

So. I'm not here condemning worlds created by mind, just saying a little world of caution (seemed like it was a little bit needed here). Fantasy worlds might be cool and stuff, but think about it. This world has after all so many wonders. People just have to get out, get a life (I hate that sentence, buut mrgreen ) and use that meditation to get more aware. Certain kind of positive awareness can be a total bliss, you know.

I finish my preaching, thank you for reading and not getting angry biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:39 pm
whenever I meditate, I guess I visualize so well that I throw myself into astral projection. It was very scary the first time, but I've got use to it now.  

WhiteZombieBoy

Sulhir

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:28 pm
My other world.
I have one. It would take a very long time to describe it.
So I will refrain.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:06 pm
I do meditate, but its kinda weird. I go to my room or stay up late at night outside *where no1 can be found* where its quiet, and walk around and talk to myself..... sweatdrop Kinda dumb i know, but hey! some great fanfics come out of it! lol  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Hatsya

Obsessive Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:51 am
i think i rather daydream than meditate .. but i enjoy it everytime and it helps me to calm down when i'm stressed or sad.
i create different places and worlds everytime. sometimes i'm with my friends and sometimes alone or with people i don't know in reality.

when i'm really depressed i imagine the life and home of my alter ego where i use to stay for a few hours. after that i usually feel better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:15 pm
wow, thats deep! o0?! I do almost the exact same thing when I'm *ReAlLy* pissed off.... xd  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

gothicrebel

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:24 pm
Sorceress Ameneka
Meditation is used to calm the mind, spirit, and body. But, whenever you have meditated, have you created another world, and lived in it, even for one day?
I have once created a place that was a street, with abandoned apartments, a lake, and an alley, a library, a very creepy place. I would only go in it when I was stressed or sad. I don't use it much anymore.
I also almost accidentally I suppose, created a large forest, with a couple of animals, and a young girl named Cassyma. The animals that were included were: A raven and owl, a lion, a doe and two babie deer, and humans. Cassyma could transform into a large boar. There was also a dying skeletal black dragon, my animal.
I surprised my dad with the precise details of my meditations. He says that he can't do it like that.

Anyway, have you had interesting meditations? Ever created a place away from the real world?

soemthing i have'nt told anyoe
i tend to give myself nightmares as meditation
so its easier for me to survive difficult nightmaric everyday things

my scenarios:
-homicide
-suicide
-raping
-being raped
and much much more

but i also have happy ones about my bf!!!1!1111!1!1!!11!!one!!11!!1elevetnyone  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff