Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Need of some Critiques (Black-rain259)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

black-rain259

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm
I have really disappointed in my art as of late. In an attempt to make myself happier I redrew an older pic. I like how it turned out, so I colored it. I would like some critiques on it. I do know the other leg needs to be turned slightly towards me... I realized it a while ago. Anything else would be nice. The pic is too big to put on the forum, so I gave people a link.^^

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/099/2/8/Modern_Hunting_by_Mekira_san259.jpg

This is my firist post on Gaia so if I screwed up please tell me.

Edit: To introduce myself... I'm in collage, studying to be a history and German teacher. I've been drawing Manga-like stuff since I was a sophomore in High school, so like 5-6 years.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 pm
Everything seems alright to me, the ears though putt me off just a tad. They look like bits of fluff rather than ears, perhaps a little more definition.
And it's always good to practice anatomy, life drawing classes so you can define your figures.  

illusionwings

Fluffy Lunatic

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Chinchillin Villain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:42 pm
First off I want to say WOW! I am so jealous that you can do the anime style shading so well.

I am however seeing that his neck looks a bit.. off. It looks either too short, or too thin. You know how you'll see some really buff guys whose necks are so huge that they might as well not have one? It looks like that but.. not so huge. So I'd probably either make his neck longer, or thicker/musclelier (Yes I am making up words.)

Other than that though.. I dig it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:26 pm
Wow. This is really good!
The only thing that bothers me (that hasn't been mentioned so far...) is the face.
First off, the body is really well done, but the face looks suddenly very ... not very practiced. The nose is a bit too small, and the eyes look a bit awkward. I think they might be a bit too far from eachother, and the eyeballs look like the right one is looking down and the left one is looking up. Also, the shading on the face confuses me a bit; there shouldn't be a shadow drawn underneath one of the black lines on his face; it doesn't jut out, but is painted on, therefore it shouldn't make a shadow underneath it. The hairline on the top of his head shouldn't be a straight line; it should be small jagged lines because hair doesn't all start at exactly the same spot.

And... I'm not really sure, but I'm pretty sure the biceps (upper arm) shouldn't look like a tube with the middle being more fat. I'm pretty sure the muscles (the biceps) are on the higher top of the arm...
I hope you understood what Im trying to say. XD

But overall, I love your style, and how neat and truly manga-ish everything looks! good job. (: <3  

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces