Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Help Maymag Get a Boyfriend In College! :D [Now with Pix~] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, how was your day?
  Good
  Bad
View Results

maymag

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Well, that and other things... Like cosplay and such, but...

Back to the point!

Hello everyone! My name's Maymag, and I'm here to lose weight, because god knows I need to. neutral

So, about me. I'm currently an 18 year old gay male (Well, the gay isn't going to change... but the 18 will.), and I'm going to college in the fall. I'm extremely excited about going, but my biggest problem is that I'm not extremely excited about my weight. (Gag me, now please.)

So, let me get down to the nitty gritty. I'm here to lose about 80-90 pounds. Before college, I hope to lose maybe 60-70 pounds. I'm really hoping that I can do this. It seems like a very daunting task, yet I am up to the challenge.

So, how do I plan to do it? Clearly, I plan to do it with careful dieting and exercise. biggrin

I shall have per day:
2000 calories
Try and walk for 30 minutes
More~

STARTING POINT
Date: April 4, 2010
Start Weight: 268
Current Weight
Goal Weight: 180
College Weight: 200
Pounds Left Before College: 65
Height: 5'6”
Jean Size: 38 (God, I hate it. I miss my size 34s...)

Measurements:

PIX:
Me... ;-;

[color=darkblue][size=10]
[b]Days Into Diet[/b]
[b]Date:[/b]
[b]What did I eat?[/b]
[b]How did I feel?[/b]
[b]Comments?[/b]
[b]Days before college!!![/b]
[b]Weight Left to Lose Before College:[/b]
[/color][/size]

Wish me luck! I'd love to have people follow and support me! ;-;

I'll do the same for you if you'd like! biggrin

P.S.
Let's make a deal~ If I don't keep up with my 4 pound loss per month minimum, you all can yell at me. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 am
Welcome! The task of losing 60 lbs in six months is extremely daunting but some have done it sticking to their diets and exercise plans. Some others also stick to their diet and exercise plans and have trouble meeting a goal like that but you've got a very healthy approach and I get the feeling that you're probably flexible about it. It took me about a year and a half to lose 60 lbs, but I'm no where near as motivated as some people I know. : P

I like the 4 lb a month minimum weight loss, I think you can do that no problem. The only thing that is even remotely good about being in those upper weight ranges is that little changes can turn into big weight loss because at that point you're already far off equilibrium, so any change towards it brings you sort of drastically back to where you ought to be.

I can yell at you if you don't make your goal weight loss, but only if you yell at me if I don't do the same. : D

Check out: Fat 2 Fit Radio, http://www.fat2fitradio.com/
It's two guys who are losing/have lost a lot of weight. One of them is a personal trainer/gym teacher. They're full of good ideas and advice.

Good luck, and welcome here.  

Tandahda
Crew

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:20 pm
Well at least there is another guy in this guild that is not shy about admitting he want's to lose weight.

What's your height man, along with your body frame, small, normal, medium, large?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 pm
@Seraphsody-

Thank you very much! I'm trying to be very motivated. My only problem is that as I get on with my weight loss, I either become bored or depressed. I don't know why. It's just odd... I guess I use food as a crutch sometimes? Who knows. I'm just ready to make a change in my life.

I already made a decision what I want to do in college in terms of staying physically fit! I'm taking TaeKwonDo. I'm so excited.

Also, I surely will help you as much as you need. biggrin I wish you the best before gay pride!

@Kitsune Leonheart-

Hahahaha. Yes, you're not alone! I noticed that it was mostly girls. Maybe men are more prone to be quiet about it? I don't know. What ever the case may be, at least there's two males now! I'm 5'6", and I believe I have a larger body frame. I'm definitely not going to be a dainty little thing when I lose weight. razz I believe it's my German side that has be leaning towards a "manly man" body type.  

maymag

maymag

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Days Into Diet: 1
Date: 4/6/2010
What did I eat?

Shredded Wheat Cereal 1 cup. (Not the sugar cereal. Just Shredded Wheat)
Soy Milk 1 Cup
Pear: medium
Turkey 1.5 ounces
White bread One Slice. (Wanted whole wheat, but didn't have any.
Chicken Breast (1 Breast)
Cheddar Cheese
Whole Wheat Pasta (2 cups)
Corn 2 cups.
Carrot

How did I feel?
Okay. I'm motivated to make progress on my health. I didn't really get too serious today. I'm not sure why. I didn't go into today with a plan, and only really ate when I was hungry. It's hard working as a waiter though. I wanted to eat some tasty food. I didn't though! I fought the power. Haha. Now I'm just cleaning my room and making some progress on my daunting Spanish homework that's looming over my head. =[
Comments?
None~
Days before college!!! 147 (21 weeks. Oh goodness me)
Weight Left to Lose Before College: 68
Weight Lost: 0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 pm
Motivation and depression are big problems for me too. I ate licorice for dinner because I was upset at my room mates (yeah... doesn't work in my mind either... works even less on paper.)

Its all about just keeping up with it, fat2fit radio has saved me many a time and it probably will again.  

Tandahda
Crew

maymag

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:03 pm
D'aww. sad I so scared and excited for college at the same time. I mean, I don't want to go there and be known as the big guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:36 pm
The funny thing about university is that it is really really really generic, even if you were 'the big guy' when you get there, that's nothing to say that you won't lose weight while everyone else gains the freshman 15.

First year is a joke, usually you don't keep the friends you make first year, unless they're very special, and you usually don't keep the boyfriends you'll get in the first year either unless you're very lucky (and at that point you're very lucky so you're in luck. : P)

First year is like grade nine, very very big deal until you're done with it. And it is not like grade nine (this is assuming your high school went 9-12 like mine did) in that you don't really make impressions your first year. You're at university to change and grow. (Or reduce...)

So even if you're not on track when you get there, even 20 lbs lost between now and then is a big deal.  

Tandahda
Crew

maymag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Days Into Diet 2
Date: 4/7/2010
What did I eat?
Breakfast:
2 Quorn Cutlets: 160 Calories
1 Cup Shredded Wheat Cereal: 160 Calories
½ cup AppleSauce: 50 Calories
1 cup 1% Milk: 100 Calories
Total Calories: 470 Calories

Lunch:
2 Slice Whole Wheat Bread: 120 Calories.
3 Slices Swiss Cheese: 210 Calories
1.5 Oz Ham: 70 Calories
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter: 100 Calories
Total Calories: 970

Dinner:
Sherpard's Pie: a lot.D:
Total Calories: ???? Gonna go with 2000. Maybe over.

How did I feel? This morning I had mixed feelings. I was so proud of myself for cleaning my room this morning! I made a lot of progress and I can actually see my floor. After school, I plan on vacuuming up and cleaning minor things. It was very disturbing to me that it actually took effort to clean this room. I mean, I was kinda tired by the end. It might have been the fact that my fan wasn't on and it's hot as heck in my room, though. I'm kinda feeling depressed, and I don't know why. I hope that it passed.
Lunch, I don't know. I had a bad feeling about it. It's like, eh, I just ate whatever. Nothing was planned really today, which is a major disappointment. So, I don't know. I know I'm eating the right calorie amounts, but I know I should be upping my veggies! :C I want more of them, too. Weird.
However, I was upset with myself by dinner. I was hungry, and ate a lot of Shepard's Pie because I had a lot of calories to make up. I felt guilty for it afterwards, though. Bah...

Comments?
Days before college!!! 146
Weight Left to Lose Before College: 65.5
Weight Lost: 2.5 pounds

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:35 pm
Eek, I'm have a plan for University though. I'm going to eat a big salad with every meal. Hopefully that'll put me ahead of the game, but I don't know.

Oh goodness. That sounds kind of sad. Haha. I hope I reduce at college, though. Twenty pounds would be good, forty would be great, and sixty would would be a godsend. Hahaha.  

maymag

Roslin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:41 am
Whoa! 60 pounds in that amount of time is intense! But that's already been said. It's doable but it's hard, but you're a boy so maybe your body will be less resistant. It doesn't want to store up fat in case you get pregnant or something xp

I lost 60 pounds in about 9 months though and I did it all at college, though I gained weight my first semester. Food can become a very social thing at school so I would be aware of that. Also take advantage of your school's gym when you're there. But that's still far off in the distance for you.

I wish you luck and hope to be seeing you posting often. >:3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:55 pm
Congrats Roslin!

Eating a salad every meal works really well, if your university has a salad bar it can be really great. : D  

Tandahda
Crew

pernicious toxic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:50 am
User Image

Good luck hun.

I know you can do it.
I'm kinda in the same boat. :[

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:16 pm
goodluck!  

BitterFantasy